Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Z3 with dodgy wifi after 5.1.1

stumack1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone else had an issue with their wifi not connecting properly after the latest update?

My wifi is fine for every other device in the house, android, windows, apple but the wifi on the z3 keeps switching itself off. When it does eventually come on it switches itself off in about 5 or 10 seconds. 

Done a factory restore, rebooted routers (although i know it isn't the problem).

Given the network coverage in my area it's a massive inconvenience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fair enough. 

Vodafone would send it away under the 24 month warranty they apply. It would be sent away to a 3rd Party Repair House where they'll look at the end user reported issues and re flash the firmware. 

Vodafone Warranty Info

Please do take Time/Date photographs of the phone to show what condition it was sent off. If sent off in a Vodafone Store ask them to note it's condition too. 

I always suggest letting the Manufacturer have it first as IMO they know their hardware and software better. 

Also if Sony are made aware of this the next update may patch this issue if it's a reported widespread one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Usually after a firmware update a Hard Reset can help as this clears out old redundant files. 

Ive performed a Google Search and found one of the hits to hold similar posts. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/help/d503-wifi-dropping-5-1-1-update-t3179848/post6235419...

Current Phone  >

Yep, i've done a factory restore. still no dice.

Ok. 

Try 'forgetting the network' in your wifi settings and reboot your phone. 

As you see from the link I added it seems your not alone. 

You could start up some dialogue with Sony UK Support. 

Sony UK Support.

Current Phone  >

Was the first thing i tried.

I'll raise it with sony as well but since vodafone are the provider, they get first shout. 

Fair enough. 

Vodafone would send it away under the 24 month warranty they apply. It would be sent away to a 3rd Party Repair House where they'll look at the end user reported issues and re flash the firmware. 

Vodafone Warranty Info

Please do take Time/Date photographs of the phone to show what condition it was sent off. If sent off in a Vodafone Store ask them to note it's condition too. 

I always suggest letting the Manufacturer have it first as IMO they know their hardware and software better. 

Also if Sony are made aware of this the next update may patch this issue if it's a reported widespread one. 

Current Phone  >