Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

faulty USB flap thingy.

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Hi, I've had my Sony experia Z2 for a few weeks now and the flap thing that covers it is always coming loose. Any ideas if I can get this sorted?
56 REPLIES 56

I took it in on Saturday and now I'm a bit worried. Firstly was the flap, wasn't too bothered about that (can buy a new one if I have too) Second was the magnetic bit that came off when placed on the charger. and third, the screen wasnt flush with the phone. The first and third don't really bother me but I thought I'd mention them, now I don't think the guy in store believed me because he said he'd check to see if I'd dropped it. Now I know for a fact that it's not been dropped because I look after my stuff and it's in pefect condition. I worried they are going to come up with some BS saying it's my fault.

hrym
17: Community Champion

They'll have to check for damage and can't simply take your word for it.   Cross the bridge of what to do if they do say it's physical damage when it arises.  There have been other reported cases of non-flush screens, so it may be a known issue.   No one seems to know whether it's a problem or just cosmestic, though.

The flaps do seem very flimsy, which is why I prefer magnetic chargers.  The dock connector should be strong enough to disconnect without coming out, though.

I sent my phone for repair on Saturday and have just recieved a text saying the phone is out of warranty. The magnetic strip on the phone that fits on the charger came off completly. How can it be out of warranty when its just over a month old? I haven't phoned them yet as I need to calm down a bit I'm so angry.

redpages

If you've only had it a month then it sounds like some kind of administrative error.

If you've purchased the phone directly from Vodafone (over the phone, online or in retail) then they'll have a record of your upgrade and dispatch date. I'd give the repair centre a call and ask them to clarify why they think it's out of warranty (ask for the date when they think you first purchased it). If they still can't clear it up then it's worth picking up directly with the retail store (if you purchased from there) or let the eForum team on here know and they'll be able to investigate it for you.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

They want to charge me £190 for the repair to which I obviously said no too, Now the phone is being sent back to me. Now I have to go the Sony route. Thanks for nothing Vodafone.

Hi jaygrim,

You can find our full warranty information here, including what’s covered by this.

Thanks,

Sarah 

That is no use what so ever.

Can I ask where I stand if the part that came off is now missing? Where do I stand then because the sales assistant dropped it and couldn't find it. I'm obviously not going to accept it if it's still missing.

hrym

I'm guessing here, but I suspect what they mean is that the phone isn't covered by the warranty as they're allowed by Sony to interpret it.   This will all look like damage, which precludes Vodafone from doing a warranty repair.

The Sony route is more likely to be productive as they have more discretion and can take a view on whether this is damage or a fault.  There are plenty of instances of manufacturers being able to help when Vodafone, as a 3rd party repairer, can't.  It's all down to individual circumstances, though.  When you go to Sony, don't mention that Vodafone have previously refused a repair.

I have the same issue, the magnetic points have come out the and stay on the charging dock leaving the hole in the phone phone