Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

faulty USB flap thingy.

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Hi, I've had my Sony experia Z2 for a few weeks now and the flap thing that covers it is always coming loose. Any ideas if I can get this sorted?
56 REPLIES 56

As I initially reported the fault within 1 month of receiving the phone and there is a common issue with this flap then surely as 'The Consumer' we are within our rights to push for a resolution via Vodafone. It seems ludicrous that we have to do all the running around while VF just ignore it

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

At the end of the day, all Vodafone will say to you is that you damaged it therefore they won't repair it under warranty.  Yes, you have rights but those rights don't cover physical damage. 

The ball is in your court.  You can continue insisting your rights are fulfilled but more than likely won't get very far and will waste a lot of time doing it.  Or you can take it to the manufacturer who has a lot more discretion and will probably repair it under warranty and in less time than you fighting for your "rights"

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jaygrim,

For details about deadlock, please visit our Codes of Practice

The information provided by my team and the community still stands and would be considered should you choose to take this matter externally.

Thanks,

Ben

jaygrim
send it back to Sony. That's what I had to do thanks to a totally unhelpful Vodafone.

jaygrim
I had my flappy thing and dodgy screen fixed by Sony in the end, no thanks to Vodafone. But now it seems the glass at the back of the phone is coming off. It's about four months old now, how the hell is this thing going to last two years?

jaygrim
Amazingly now the back has started to come off.

GlennThomson
1: Seeker

i have a sony z1 after using it for 6 month usb flap has fell off and screen is starting to crack vodafone want to charge me 180 pound for this sony dont want to know 2 of the worst companies if you ask me