Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

faulty USB flap thingy.

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Hi, I've had my Sony experia Z2 for a few weeks now and the flap thing that covers it is always coming loose. Any ideas if I can get this sorted?
56 REPLIES 56

I had to send my magnetic charging dock off to Sony for repair as I thought it was broken

Turns out not.

Set my Z2 onto the dock, wasnt getting a charge, so i took it out, only to find teh magnetic charging points and bar had come out of the dock and was attached to teh charging dock!

So looks like I need to take it into my vodafone store to get the phone repaired, I can put the charging plate back into the phone, but every time I connect to the dock it comes away agin due to teh magnets, plus of course, the phone is no longer waterproof.

has anyone else had this issue?

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Ok seeing as nothing is getting done about this how do I go to get a letter of deadlock?

drey_p
16: Advanced member

As explained to you earlier in the thread - Vodafone would regard this as physical damage which is why they want to charge you for you. Try and see it from their side - how could the flap come off unless it was forced off?

You'd be best contacting the manufacturer directly as suggested earlier in the thread. Vodafone are a third party repair agent and as such are very restricted in what they can / can't do.  Dealing direct with Sony would possibly yield more results. 

PWIAC

I too have the Z2 - received in August '14. The flap started to work loose after the first couple of weeks and now pops out a few times every day. I reported this to Vodafone who said that they do not provide a replacement as they do with iPhones but I had to go into the store and ask for a loaner phone while they send mine for repair. I went into the store twice and no loaner was available. As this phone is used for business I am unable to go without so I had to leave it. I called Vodafone again and again (Removed in line with House Rules) I then wanted to cancel the contract but was told it would cost me £1900. Now the way I see a service working is if Vodafone charge me for a contract for 24 months which includes hardware and tariff then they should support that. Just because Sony have superceded the Z2 with the Z3 it seems VF now want to bodyswerve any kind of responsibility. I said to VF that all I want is to change the handset as researching various forums there are hundreds if not thousands of people with the same problem. The whole Vodafone attitude stinks and I am contacting Consumer Groups and OFCOM. Vodafone obviously think they can never be beaten down but I'm not letting this one lie.

And another thing - 1 Customer service in Belfast and another in Stoke - they cannot transfer calls between each office - great Telecomms company!! Rings alarm bells!!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You might be better off going direct to Sony with this.   If there's any evidence of damage, as a 3rd party repairer, Vodafone aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair.   A damaged flap is pretty much impossible to distinguish from a faulty one.  Sony will take a more pragmatic view.   I think the jury is out on whether this is an actual fault or simply the result of handling - though I agree the flap does appear quite flimsy.

For all business-critical services, it's always a good idea to have a backup plan.   This might be another phone (a cheaper PAYG model or an old one) or insurance, either frolm Vodafone or a 3rd party.  Just make sure it comes with a replacement device while yours is away (like a courtesy car).

Well I have just had an email from VF stating that they have removed part of my text as it didn't comply with their rules.....hmmmmmm!! Not sure exactly what was offensive but hey ho!! Well it seems like VF have their own rules and the old saying 'the customer is always right' just isn't so. I spent another 20 minutes on the phone today and apparently I'm going to receive a call from a manager at some point tomorrow to try and resolve the problem. I haven't even started on the other phone on my account which is constantly being barred despite having a share of 10GB of data - bearing in mind I run a recruitment company phones are of paramount importance for voice and data. If I didn't have a social life (which is dwindling with the amount of time I'm spending on the phone trying to sort things out) then I could spend all night here explaining the calls I have made over the past 5 months trying to get things sorted. All I want is for someone to stand up and admit that VF are accountable for the poor service and to make a way forward. Wasn't life simpler with a desk phone, a fax machine and face to face meetings...........I must get out more!!!

Update - So I was expecting a call from a manager today - didn't happen!! So I called and asked Customer Service to find out whether I was still going to get a call..............I held and held and held and was then told that the manager in question would call me within the hour. That was 2pm and its now 22:48 so I'm guessing its not going to happen.

Can this get any worse??????? Vodafone....what is going on???

drey_p

owines - did you follow Hrym's advice here?  That would probably be the best way to get your problem sorted out.

PWIAC

No I didn't- I want Vodafone to sort it otherwise what is the point of buying a 'Service' from them

drey_p
I doubt very much that you'll get it fixed via Vodafone. They will simply point to the fact that this is physical damage and is therefore not covered by warranty. As a third party repair agent Vodafone have strict guide they have to adhere to where the manufacturer can be a lot more lenient.

Do remember that y contract is for airtime only and doesn't include your handset. This means that an issue with your handset doesn't get you out of your contract.

PWIAC