Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

has vodafone received new software for xperia lollipop

mirrorman96
3: Seeker
I was told vodafone testing had failed for xperia lollipop. Has vodafone received the new software to test yet? I know vodafone won't comment when it's coming out but are they at least testing it?
14 REPLIES 14

skeddy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Some of the other Vodfone countries have, and have pushed it.

Please see my update here http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Sony/Sony-lollipop/m-p/2378725#M28289

mirrorman96
What about vodafone uk though

mirrorman96
Do you think it could be this week.

To be honest, it depends on how mcuh work they need to do from the stock version to the branded Vodafone version.

I suspect that the only reason the other Vodafone markets have got the update so quick is because they have not had too many changes to make.

Unfortunatly, it's just a waiting game.

I'll be updating the previous thread when I see any hint of it arriving..

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Its also worth bearing in mind that new firmware sometimes comes with glitches, it may be worthwhile waiting for a few days after the update becomes available to see if there are any problems, let someone else find them on their handset :smileywink:

63johnw
Looks like its our, showing a 600m update available but won't download at the minute.

63johnw
Downloaded, phone says will take 36 minutes to install.

Yeah I received the notification to update to lollipop but I'm holding out for now will wait for users on here and XDA forums to give us an update on what bugs and the pros / cons too. 

Did you find the download quite slow? Mines coming down over wifi.... but it's taking ages.