Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sending picture

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Hi I have recently purchased a experia Z2, and have just found out like my iPhone I can't send pictures. Does anyone know a way round this?
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

Do you mean that you want to send picture messages (MMS)?  As well as the correct settings on your phone, which you can get by texting WEB to 40127, the service also needs to be provisioned on your account.  Because it's a bit of a legacy service and chargeable, it's normally switched off by default until you request it.  191 and LiveChat aren't always very good at this, so you're probably best off hanging on for the Tech team here.

There are non-chargeable alternatives to MMS: Whatsapp (and other similar services), Vodafone Message+, which is a variation of the recently introduced Rich Communications Service - this will replace the old SMS app on Android device at least in due course, or email.  These alternatives will use data, of course, but there's no additional cost as long as you remain within your allowance and aren't paying per mb on PAYG.

Nabs

You can get the correct picture message setting by using the  http://www.vodafone.co.uk/settings webapp

Nabs

aidey68
9: Established

As Hyrm said; use either WhatsApp or Viber for sending pictures, text or videos to other users with a smartphone. As it only uses part of your dataplan if out and about