Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

signal problems since lollipop update

shirley21
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi am slowly going crazy with this recent problem with my phone.  Since i updated to lollipop every call i make ends, sometimes after two minutes, sometimes 30 seconds.  The phone appears to completly lose signal so i lose the call then it freezes for approx one min while ending the call! ive tried reseting my phone, ive wiped it and reinstalled the software, ive removed and reinserted the sim, ive tried it in safe mode and ive no idea what to try next...can anyoe help?

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
16: Advanced member

What handset do you have?
Have you tried the SIM in another phone?

Are there any network issues in your area?

PWIAC

Its a sony xperia z3 compact, no thats one thing i havent tried yet, thanks

drey_p

No problem.  Also, enter your postcode into the Network Status Checker to see if there are any issues in the area ( you may have to zoom out a bit)

PWIAC

yeah ive checked that and there are no issues, its being doing it for a few weeks now and gradually getting worse.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shirley21  -  Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Ians1978
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
This is funny I also have a Sony z3 compact and have the same issue. It's up and down like a yoyo
I have been talking to the tech team for weeks and all they want to do is check my postcode! Then offer me 20 quid to buy a new phone so I can try my sim in it!
Don't you think it could be lollipop that's the problem here, sounds it to me however no one, not even Sony will take ownership!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you can get to a Vodafone shop, they can try your SIM in one of their devices.   If that's the problem, they'll also be able to give you a new one.

As this has happened after an update, I'd be inclined to try a factory reset before going down the repair route.   Resetting clears out any bits of old code that are hanging round from the old firmware and may fix the issue.  Don't forget to make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd and back up your content first.   A reset would be part of the repair process, so you won't have lost anything by giving it a try.

FWIW, I always clear recent apps and restart a device before updating, just to do it as cleanly and with as many of its resources as possible.