Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sony xperia z2

reading1671
1: Seeker

Has anyone else had the little sim flap fall off the phione.

Ive had the warranty made invalid because of this. Even though the problem with the phone is not related

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, this has come up before, once there is physical damage Vodafone aren't allowed to fix the phone under warranty, even if its not related.

You could try going direct to Sony, they may be more lenient.

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Sony will fix it without a problem, I had the same issue a while back. Now the back is falling off my phone though.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jaygrim and @reading1671

Unfortunately we're not able to send a phone off under a warranty repair if it's physically damaged. 

Take a look at our help page for more info on warranty repairs.

Thanks, 

Amanda 

I appreciate that but would not expect to lose the warranty over a missing flimsy sim card cover.  It appears from here and the Sony forum that this is a regular failing.  Perhaps that is the idea so Vodafone get off with no costs

hrym

Vodafone, as a third party repairer, aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair if there's any evidence of damage, however caused.   You can, though, go direct and the manufacturer themselves will often take a pragmatic view.  I agree that those little flaps to look flimsy (though they're a bit more robust than they appear).  It does appear that Sony may provide a fix, though, and you can only ask.