Support:

Sony

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
lucifer2010

voda 360 on play

i cant get onto the voda 360 store to get apps or update voda 360 store keeps failing and saying contact customer care.

do i need a voda 360 account active or not as android store working fine

any help would be appreciated

thanx

Message 1 of 20 (2,784 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Times_Champion

Re: voda 360 on play

Mine is exactly the same. I wouldnt worry about it too much though, I'm sure you can get everything you need through the android store as opposed to voda 360 store.

Message 2 of 20 (2,774 Views)
lucifer2010

how do u like yours champ im well loving mine 1st game i bought was assassins creed

Message 3 of 20 (2,771 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
Hordriss

Loving it so far. I've not bought any games yet, but downloaded the free version of thar Asphalt racing game and loaded the SD card with Emulators. Just awesome!

:smileyvery-happy:
Message 4 of 20 (2,749 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Hello,

I'm really pleased your Plays have arrived!

Do you have WiFi switched on when you're trying to access the shop? If so, it won't work. You have to connect to it using the mobile network as we need your phone number to confirm purchases.

Thanks,

Tom
Message 5 of 20 (2,743 Views)
Times_Champion

Aha - Cheers Tom.

Im loving the Play, I've played quite a bit of Crash Bandicoot, and Asphalt 6 really suprised me because I hated it on the ipod touch, its actually a really fun responsive racer. FIFA 10 plays well and is almost up there with the PSP version. I bought Demolition Derby but havent played it much yet and I agree the Emulators are great, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Mario All Stars, Super Mario 64, Chrono Trigger etc all play amazingly well.

Message 6 of 20 (2,736 Views)
Hordriss

I've mostly played Street Racer and Zelda - Link to the Past (SNES), and Resident Evil and WWF Smackdown 2 (PS1). It's just a complete joy to use, partially because the gamepad is just great (although still not sold on the touchpads) and because the SNES was slow and PS1 unplayable on my old HTC Hero. On the Play, they just run perfectly. I'm just waiting for more PS1 games to become officially available as I'd rather buy Xperia Play optimised ones where possible. But they do run perfectly as is.
Message 7 of 20 (2,731 Views)
Times_Champion

[ Edited ]

The touch pads are OK and work in some games better than others, its certainly better than touch screen virtual controls. I would suggest downloading gun bros, its free and is a twin stick shooter that works great. Im hoping that the N64 emulator is put back on the android store soon with analogue control using the touch pad, that would be great. At the moment im using it mainly with the Dpad and also the onscreen analogue stick for when you HAVE to have analogue controls in a game. Mario Kart 64 works great with the pad though.

It seems like the xperia play released PSone games are more or less following the pattern of the PSN releases, so we should get games like Tekken 2, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 soonish. I wouldnt be surpised to see these sell for £7.99 though to match the PSN price.

The only complaint I have with the play is with the games user interface and the screen. It is confusing to have 2 seperate apps for games, Playstation pocket and the Xperia Play app, surely these could be combined? The screen is pretty terrible too, particularly compared to the Galaxy S. Some apps look really washed out and dim, and there is also a fair amount of screen 'ghosting' particularly with dark colours, you can see this when swiping to move screen on apps that have a lot of red in them. Its a shame because apart form this I LOVE the phone.

Message 8 of 20 (2,722 Views)
lucifer2010

no still wont do it tom and to the others guys emulators sound cool where do i get them and games for them

Message 9 of 20 (2,707 Views)
Times_Champion

[ Edited ]

Mine still doesnt work either, I thought it may because I can only get crappy GPRS data signal where I live. Im going to try again when I get 3G signal.

The emulators are available on the android store for about £3 each, gensoid and snesoid are your best bet and easy to use. As to the games (roms) I cant really tell you how to get those as the legality as questionable (of course I own a physical copy of each and every rom I have downloaded) :smileywink:

If you do a google search im sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Message 10 of 20 (2,699 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see the discussion on this great new device :smileyhappy:

So that we can get to the bottom of this I'll just need to ask you a few questions:-

At what point is this failing?

Do you have to sign in to your 360 account at all?

Can you give us the specific error message that it gives you?

Are you using 3G?

Do you already have a Vodafone 360 log in?

Please let me know and we'll be happy to help you further and get this up and running :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Wayne

eForum team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 20 (2,675 Views)
lucifer2010

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see the discussion on this great new device :smileyhappy:

So that we can get to the bottom of this I'll just need to ask you a few questions:-

At what point is this failing?

Do you have to sign in to your 360 account at all?

Can you give us the specific error message that it gives you?

Are you using 3G?

Do you already have a Vodafone 360 log in?

Please let me know and we'll be happy to help you further and get this up and running :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Wayne

eForum team

hi ok it fails at the end

i dont have a 360 account

message is "shop has not been updated please contact customer care"

yes full 3g i have sure signal box

no i dont have a 360 account

Message 12 of 20 (2,670 Views)
Hordriss

Lucifer2010: If you want to know more about the emulators etc, you can send me an email: kevmsmith1981 at googlemail dot com (written like that to avoid any spambots! lol). I don't think Vodafone would appreciate discussions too deeply on them as the legality of ROM owning as a bit of a grey area to say the least. But I personally use the Tiger group of emus (Tiger SNES, Tiger NES etc) as they run just as well as Snesoid but are free (ad supported). There are free versions of Snesoid etc but the ability to load game savestates is disabled on the free versions.
Message 13 of 20 (2,660 Views)
Hordriss

Oh, and the emulators themselves are available on the Android market. The best thing to do is just decide what system you would want to play games of, and search for the name of that system into the Market app.
Message 14 of 20 (2,658 Views)
Times_Champion

At what point is this failing?   About 60-70% of the way through the download

Do you have to sign in to your 360 account at all?  No, it just says updates available.

Can you give us the specific error message that it gives you? 'The download has failed, please contact vodafone customer care'

Are you using 3G? No - only GPRS signal where I am.

Do you already have a Vodafone 360 log in? No.

Message 15 of 20 (2,654 Views)
lucifer2010

ok i just created a 360 account now here the good part how the flumps to i add it on the play im thinking maybe thats y it not working but theres no option to add a 360 account if there aint wots the point in putting 360 on fone if unable to add account or use the app its taking valuable space

Message 16 of 20 (2,644 Views)
Times_Champion

[ Edited ]

You cant uninstall the app either.

Message 17 of 20 (2,634 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi Guys

I don't have access to one of these phones today, but I have asked one of the guys who are in tomorrow to see if we have one available. If we don't we will forward this information on to the devices team to see if we can get a solution for you.

As soon as we have more information, we will get back to you.

Martin

eForum Team

Message 18 of 20 (2,622 Views)
lucifer2010

[ Edited ]

ok now im ###### i want something off android market but would prefer to use payforit rather than enter my card details will some1 sort the 360 store out for the play it getting unreal now

Message 19 of 20 (2,602 Views)
frub8903

Please try to reload the 360 shop and you will find that you are prompted to update the app. Once this has been done the icon will now just display as shop and you will no longer have issues loading the site (ive tested this on mine and it works a treat)

Message 20 of 20 (2,540 Views)