Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Black Friday 27/11/2015

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Upcoming is Black Friday. {wiki} falls on Friday 27th of November 2015 where shopping on the Highstreet goes into meltdown with shoppers hunting for those all too tempting deals. 

Remember last year when the situation in some shops became embarrassing and a touch unsafe as people lost focus. 

Personally i'll be locking away my Debit Cards 🤑

We're you involved in seeking out those deals and perhaps early Christmas gifts or a treat for yourself last year ?

Image Courtesy of Google. 

image.jpeg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
Personally I treat his America import with disdain along with so many other American imports. It has no relevance to the UK and Asda has already said it won't take part this year. Other retailers should follow suit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
I appreciate your thoughts jeffkinn. 😀

When I was in Retail events like this made for big profits and healthy margins leading up to Christmas Shopping.

However the media coverage of last years total frenzy showed how people lose the plot and become like a pack !

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Christmas is already far too important for retailers - it's grown out of all proportion.

I'm a real humbug about Christmas, or more accurately the build up to the event. It now starts in late September and goes on for weeks and weeks and weeks. It's become quite ridiculous IMHO.

Black Friday is also bad for retailers and consumers as it telescopes sales and savings into one day that could be spread over a 3 to 4 week period.

In the US it makes some sense as the day before is Thanksgiving which is as important there as Christmas as a holiday. It makes no sense in this country.

I hope it doesn't catch on permanently and fades away.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I haven't bought anything in a Black Friday sale myself (yet) but I am guilty of buying an absolute bargain of a Laptop on Christmas day from Amazon a few years ago.

I saved £200 on the previous days price... I remember feeling a bit awkward for shopping on xmas day but I couldn't ignore a saving like that! (we were waiting for the January sales anyway)

The day has come. 

If your hunting for a bargain today then best of luck. 

If you don't engage in this type of Retail Event then enjoy your Friday. 

😎

Current Phone  >