Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hollywood reboots

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else really fed up of seeing classic films rebooted just for the sake of it.

Two very recent examples of  this are Robocop and Jurassic World.

Being a huge fan of the original version of Robocop from the 80s I was horrified they even thought about remaking it.

I've tried to watch  the remake but just keep thinking about how it pales in comparison to the original.

Did also watch  Jurassic World which was a reboot of the '93 original which it did give a nod to but as all three of the originals were centred around things going disastrously wrong why make one where they decide to meld the genes of two.

Yeah, that was always going to work out wasn't it?

9 REPLIES 9

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I agree - lots of examples. The film Total Recall for instance - didn't like the remake at all.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair though, the original wasn't up to much.

jeffkinn

It's a classic piece of Arnie nonsense - always enjoyed it a great deal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffkinn wrote:

It's a classic piece of Arnie nonsense - always enjoyed it a great deal.

It definitely was.

Apart from the original two Terminator films my favourite Arnie films have to be The Running Man and Predator.

I expect someone somewhere is planning a reboot of both starring Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock or Matt Damon.

BandOfBrothers

I have to agree the New Remake of RoboCop was not as good and imo will not be one as iconic as the original. The attempt to keep it within the bounds of a younger audience by limiting the use of his side arm was apparent. 

In regards to the new Jurrasic World film that had so much promise coming off the previous films. As soon as I saw the aquatic dinosaur I knew that would play a major part in the story line. 

On the flip side some remakes have hit the mark. 

Although John Wayne was an epic film star I thought 'True Grit' remake was good. 

Dawn of The Dead and Judge Dread being another. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

As a life long Star Trek fan I love the new Star Trek films - a proper reboot as opposed to remakes.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, think JJ Abrams has done a cracking job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used to watch Star Trek: TNG every day while eating my dinner when I came home from school.

jeffkinn

It's still on somewhere every day and there have been different versions since TNG - DS9, VOY and ENT

Jeffkinn_Sig.png