Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify premium error

Fuzz123
2: Seeker
Already a vodaphone customer renewed contract and signed up for the red bundle on Saturday and was advised I would get a link to click to activate which i have tried several times only to get to the completing purchase stage (after facebook login page) to be faced with a network error box. Have live chatted couple time and rang 191 a couple times and still no luck. Have even been resent the link, tried going online on computer, with wifi on, with wifi off, but i still get the same error does anyone know why? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with vodaphone rather frustrated with the service as a whole. Really wish I had not renewed my contract with them. Really disappointed with service as a whole.
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Fuzz123

A similar thread that may hold relevant help. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/spotify-only-chargable-options/m-p/251...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Do you currently have a Spotify account either Premium or non Premium?  If you have an existing premium subscription, it needs to expire before you try to activate your Vodafone Spotify subscription.

PWIAC

Fuzz123
I only have the free version....never had premium. The link provided unfortunately does not help, i have tried live help, calls to 191 tech team and do not have a current subscription so does not apply.

drey_p

You mention signing in via Facebook so I am guessing that is how you created your account.  It may be worthwhile setting up a Spotify Account directly with Spotify and not using a log in through a third party.

PWIAC

Fuzz123
Read stuff on here about duplicate accounts and being charged want to avoid that really

drey_p

@Fuzz123 wrote:
Read stuff on here about duplicate accounts and being charged want to avoid that really

So what you do is cancel your existing account.  Then set up a new one directly with Spotify.  Once you have done that, use the link to register for your Premium account.  When you click through that link it will upgrade your account to Premium.  Basically clicking on that link associates your Spotify account with the Vodafone subscription.

The entire thing about being charged could happen whether or not you set up a new account and is basically caused by Vodafone not setting the Premium account up for a long enough duration. 

PWIAC

Hello @Fuzz123

I understand your worry at this. 

I suggest following the advice given by @drey_p and creating a new account with Spotify directly - does this solve the issue?

Louise