You are here:

TV, Sport, Music & Events

Ask a question:
Topics: 72
Solutions: 179

Superhero TV shows

Hey all,

Since I only really watch superhero TV shows, I thought I’d start a topic that encompasses all of them.

I literally can’t get enough of them, so below I’ll list my top three, in the order of my favourites.

1. The Flash – I found the show seriously good. Very good story, funny and exciting. I really can’t wait for season 2. Easily my most favourite show.
  2. Daredevil – I was really surprised by how good this was. Especially as it was the first of the Netflix/Marvel alliance. The fight scenes were so well choreographed. It was dark and gritty, but extremely character driven.
  3. Agents of Shield – Even though this is still one of my favourite TV shows, I will admit to still being a little behind on the latest series (one thing after another has meant I’ve been a bit busy). However, I’ve seen up to just after half way and it’s a really good show. I’m interested to see where they take it, now they’ve introduced superpowers.

Arrow – Probably would have been top of my list 12 months ago, but I really feel like it lost its way this season. Fingers crossed for improvements with season 4.

Gotham – The Joker episode was a real highlight, but I’m still not sure where this show will be going long term. Is it a show about young Bruce? Or is it about Detective Gordon? I don’t think they even know.

Constantine – I enjoyed John Constantine’s character, I thought the actor played him well, but I’ve still not caught up with the whole season and it’s now been cancelled, so I suppose that says it all.

Let me know what your favourites were and what you’re looking forward to next season.

Message 1 of 18 (17,074 Views)
Anonymous

Re: Superhero TV shows

Agents of Shield is my personal favourite followed closely by the Flash.

The early episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D are a bit of a chore but get through them and you get to a constantly engrossing and surprising show. The last four or five episodes of the most recent season each felt like mini films.

The choreography in the fight scenes is close to the epicness of DareDevil and they had a one shot fight scene that blew me away (have a look).

Agent Carter was a mini series that aired in the Shield mid season break and that was very good too. A bit slow but a nice change of pace and it'll be back for another season.

DareDevil and Flash were both amazing shows. I think all the acting was top notch but the two main hero's and two main villains were both incredible and perfect for their roles. 

Message 2 of 18 (17,062 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

I absolutely loved The Flash and cannot wait for next season to come on... wasn't that ending brilliant?

Agents of Shield was good to start with but I kinda fell out with it and haven't watched it much.

It would be interesting to see what @Ben_H has to say on this topic

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 18 (17,054 Views)
Topics: 72
Solutions: 179

@Ben_H is a Marvel fanboy @drey_p.

I doubt he’d offer as unbiased DC vs Marvel opinions as me Smiley Wink

And yes, I agree, The Flash ending was amazing. I literally jumped up and cried out a disappointed sigh (only that I'd got to wait until October to find out what happened though).

Message 4 of 18 (17,050 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

@Wayne - I think you may have a point... it would be interesting to have his input.... you never know @Ben_H may have been watching it in secret and actually quite enjoyed it!! hee hee

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 18 (17,046 Views)
Anonymous

I was disapointed in how melodramatic Arrow got. It was so good for a while but then became like watching Eastenders with capes.

I love Diggle and Smoke but the rest of the ensemble I could take or leave. DC did their standard DC thing of making the female love interest super anoying - Laurel Lance is this generations Lana Lang from Smallville.

Also, when did Wolverine turn up on the show?!? - I thought he was Marvel

Wolverine.png

Message 6 of 18 (17,030 Views)
Topics: 207
Solutions: 437

[ Edited ]

100% Marvel fanboy, so Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil are up there!

AoS took a LONG time to get good, but bringing in Mockingbird and a few other lower tier characters certainly piqued my interest.

Daredevil showcased the much needed grittier side of the MCU, and the second season premise of DD vs Punisher has me baying for more! Can't wait to see what they with Jessica Jones too.

I tend to watch my programmes on Netflix, Amazon Prime or catchup TV as never able to commit to a weekly schedule. If I manage to grab Arrow or Flash on either of those, I'd give them a whirl. 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 18 (16,952 Views)
Solutions: 339

Loved Arrow, especially season two with the portrayal of DeathStroke.

I missed out on The Flash but have just downloaded the first series from the Apple store for an upcoming binge-watch.

I felt they were trying to force too many main villians into Gotham early on but ended up enjoying the series in the end.

Another one I'd recommend would be Blade - The Series from several years ago. It never made it past the first season but had some good episodes - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/ 

Message 8 of 18 (16,616 Views)

Good call @redpages. That was one series I never got round to watching. Would be hard not to compare it to Wesley Snipes as he really made that role his own.

I'm also keen to see updates on the rumoured X-Men TV Series.

Given the number of D-listers they could use for this, it'd be good to have them look at some of the other teams like X-Foce, X-Factor or even the younger teams. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18 (16,612 Views)
Topics: 204
Ideas: 24
Solutions: 220

I enjoy Marvel and DC equally tbh.

Loving Agents of Shield, I really like how they integrate the story lines of the films.

It took me a while to get into Flash, now I'm hooked!

Not seen the Arrow yet but plan to have a marathon watch fest.

Same for DD and Gotham.

My daughter wanted to watch them with me but had exams, so we've got them saved to watch later.

I was watching a DC podcast the other night - Popcorn (beware of spoilers). They said the American studio's are thinking about cutting Season length from 20 episodes down to 15, so they can spen more on special effects and cgi etc... Giving a more cinematic polish to the shows.

Message 10 of 18 (16,588 Views)
Anonymous

thesoupdragon wrote:

Not seen the Arrow yet but plan to have a marathon watch fest.

Same for DD and Gotham.

My daughter wanted to watch them with me but had exams, so we've got them saved to watch later.

be careful if you're watching DD with your daughter if she's squemish. i like Game of Thrones and am used to that level of violence but there were parts in DD that made me feel sick. Fantastic show though and the violence mades sense and compliments the story.

Message 11 of 18 (16,131 Views)
Topics: 562
Solutions: 642

I recently binge watched Daredevil and loved it! Smiley Very Happy

As you said @Argetlam, any violence was there for a reason and not just for the sake of it.

Message 12 of 18 (16,124 Views)
Rank 40: Professor IV

Not quite in the same ballpark as the above, but it seems they are bringing back another series of Heroes.

Some old faces, mostly new.

Kinda missed out on the last series of S.H.I.E.L.D. noticed episode 3 was on randomly one day, couldn't find E1 and 2, so gonna wait for the series to be available.

Message 13 of 18 (16,120 Views)

@grolschuk That new Heroes trailer music gave me goosebumps! Glad to see Micah and Hiro return among some other familiar faces. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18 (15,926 Views)
Solutions: 624

I'm currently half way through season 3 of Heroes - enjoying it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 15 of 18 (15,924 Views)
Solutions: 350

I loved Heroes but they cancelled it ! First I have heard of it starting again, that's great news !
Message 16 of 18 (15,915 Views)
Topics: 562
Solutions: 642

Oooh I used to love Heroes!

That's great news! Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 18 (15,836 Views)
Highlighted
Ideas: 24
Solutions: 220

I've just finished an almighty Netflix binge on DareDevil and Jessica Jones...

Absolutely loved both of the shows, realy gritty and raw!

I can't wait for the next Seasons to begin Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18 (9,185 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Music, TV and Sports
Music, TV and Sports

Enjoy up to 24 months of NOW TV Entertainment Pass, Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV with our entertainment packs - free with Red Value bundles.