Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM CARD ISSUE

andrewmay55
2: Seeker

Why wont a new SIM work in my old (1997) Nokia 3110 car handset. I want to use the sim from my smartfone, in a sim adaptor, so I can use the same number for both handsets

8 REPLIES 8

Devlinl92

Hi,

You can only have one SIM Card Active to the number.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The OP is only talking about one sim card hence the use of an aparter to turn it into a full size sim.

@andrewmay55 I can see that you asked the same question on the EE forum!

What message are you getting? It may well be that an old carphone like that will not work with the current range of frequencies.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'm getting "invalid sim card" message.

The phone works on 900mhz which apparently Vodafone support.

The old sim which I normally use in this phone, with a different number, has a different "contact strip" layout to any other sim.  However an 02 sim works perfectly in this phone as well as my smart phone so the strip layout cannot be the issue as 02 sims are identicall to all other vodafone, and everybody elses simsims.

AnnS

Hi @andrewmay55

If you are receiving an invalid SIM message, it will mean the phone is locked to an alternative network, probably O2.

If you contact O2,  they will be able to provide the unlock code, you should then be able to use a Vodafone and EE SIM.

Hi,

The phone is not locked as it works with the original vodafone sim and also the 02 nano sim - just wont work with vodafone nano sim

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andrewmay55 - As the phone works with a standard O2 SIM as well as an old Vodafone UK SIM, it could be due to either the adapter, or the technology used in the new SIM not being compatible with the phone.

If you have another adapter you can test it with, you could rule this out as the issue. You can always pop into your local Vodafone store if you don't have a spare.

It is the Vodafone Sim tecnology - why it is different to o2 I don't know. I have been contacted by a Vodafone manager to try and resolve the issue.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andrewmay55

Let us know how you get on once you've spoken with the manager who's contacting you.