Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

0800/0808 to be included

Anonymous
Not applicable
Saw an ofcom ad in press today that from summer, no date given that above numbers to be included in bundle minutes

Laurie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I suppose, considering that 03* numbers are already included, it is the next logical change to be made in the UK mobile phone industry. 

As @Ellis_VF reminded me, Vodafone have already made an announcement about this.  On Vodafone, from 1st July 2015, it will be free to call 0800 and 0808 numbers from your Vodafone phone.  Take a look at the link below for more information:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/ukcalling

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p

I suppose, considering that 03* numbers are already included, it is the next logical change to be made in the UK mobile phone industry. 

As @Ellis_VF reminded me, Vodafone have already made an announcement about this.  On Vodafone, from 1st July 2015, it will be free to call 0800 and 0808 numbers from your Vodafone phone.  Take a look at the link below for more information:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/ukcalling

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

That's going to be a big help to me.  I use disabled assistance services on trains and most of them have an 0800 rather than an 03 number, so I try to avoid using them when I'm actually out.  I knew it was July (there are Ofcom ads about that still refer to "Summer", but I hadn't seen an actual date).

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Worth looking at an app called "0800 wizard", I use it on my iPhones a lot and would assume it is available for other phones.
Just dial the number and the wizard uses a national number to connect you so it is included in your minute allowance.

hrym

Hmm.  Is it any good?  It sounds a bit like a semi-automated version of saynoto0870, which is pretty good but sometimes has out of date information.

If you have a BT line at home, you can use their Smarttalk app, whic hallows you to get calls charged to your landline bill.   Handy for freefone and premium numbers and international calls (actually or cheaper than mobile rates).

kids

It has never failed me.
I never use it at home as my 0800/0870/0845 call are free.

hrym

Smarttalk is a mobile app that allows you to make calls on your mobile but have them charged to your home phone.   It needs a data connection, though, so I'm guessing it may not be too good on 2G (I've got it, but never used it).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another really good one is WeQ4u.  Apart from re-routing 08 numbers if you get held in call centre queue itwill call you back when they answer.

laurie