Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Aaargh P4U insurance

carterdyett
2: Seeker
Hi anyone out there super frustrated over the P4U thing? I changed to voda (after being with O2 for 13 years) because the deal P4U offered me was great, especially the insurance they offered. I.e. If you have a problem with your phone you just take it to any store and even if it was your fault the most you paid was £50 and swap your phone there and then. So P4U announce going into administration, no info about the insurance and what do I do? Break my phone for the first time since having the blummin phone and no P4U store to go to to swap it - Aaargh! Anyone know much about finishing a contract with voda early? Or upgrading with voda early please?
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

If you take a look at the Phones 4U website, you'll see that there is specific contact information for customers with insurance. I'd suggest that you contact them and see what can be done. http://www.phones4u.co.uk

If you want to upgrade early, you'll need to buy out the time remaining in your contract. You'll need to call 191 if you'd like an exact figure but as a rough guide the Early Termination Fee is the number of months remaining in the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.

PWIAC

carterdyett
Well, that'll probably mean I'll be around for quite a while with a pay as you go handset then! Thanks for getting in touch tho :Smiling:

Vodafone make it difficult to cancel the contract when it reaches the end of the term, it is horrifickly difficult to end it early. When I tried a few months ago I was told there was an admin fee on top of all the charges that I would have paid from then to the end of the contract term so I may as well stay with the contract. Since then Vodafone deny that was their position, well I didn't imagine what the guy told me when I rang 191. good luck.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you do this direct with Vodafone or through a third party?   The Early Termination Fee is your remaining monthly payments (pro rata for the current month) without VAT and with a 2% discount.  I've never heard of an admin fee coming from Vodafone themselves.  Any of the customer service people should be able to quote you the current cost.