Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Black friday

Glostafarian1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi folks,
Does anyone know if vodafone do any Black Friday offers? Am due an upgrade and deciding whether to do it tomorrow or wait til Friday!!!
13 REPLIES 13

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

There may or may not be any offers.  Once there is confirmation, you will see announcements on the website.  I'm afraid that you won't get any info prior to public announcements being made. 

PWIAC

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

That's a US tradition. Not sure why we should expect anything here on Friday.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p

True but I have had a few emails of late from UK companies offering Black Friday deals.  It seems to be slowly catching on here in the UK.  We'll be having people queuing around the block waiting for the deals next! LOL

PWIAC

jeffkinn

I may be old fashioned (or perhaps just old) but what possible sense could a Black Friday have in this country when we don't have Thanksgiving the day before as the most important public holiday of the year?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs

It's just a shopping day in this country. The only reason it's called Black Friday is because that's how it is in the US. Calling it "Random Friday where we offer deals" doesn't quite roll off the tounge

jeffkinn

In the US the tradition is that Christmas shopping doesn't start until Black Friday. We don't have that tradition as Christmas is already in full swing and TV ads have been on for ages already. Why do we need a Friday in November for special deals?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

We don't 

But Amazon have been doing Black Friday deals for years

and Wallmart (Asda) are getting in on the act

so the other big retailers are having to follow suit

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Hey guys ... Dont forget Cyber Monday:smileyvery-happy:

@jeffkinn wrote:

Why do we need a Friday in November for special deals?

Why not ? ... Great for consumers to get great deals and great for companies too get the Christmas sales on the move after many people last propper payday before Christmas