Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook Page Revisited.

biffo1963
16: Advanced member

Evening All,

Some little while ago I posted a query asking if there was any particular reason why I was unable to comment on posts on the Vodafone Facebook page, nor to "Like" other people's comments.  Ellis investigated and confirmed that I'm not banned or anything like that, and I think the final resolution (?) was than neither of us had a clue what's going on or why.

Well, I still can't participate in Facebook discussions. It occurred to me earlier that, if Vodafone's own social media team can't come up with a reason or a solution for this then who can ?    So I'll throw this one oopen to the community - does anyone have any ideas ??    One small piece of info I'll throw in there is that this is not the only Facebook page/group it happens with, if that offers any kind of clue !

All suggestions gratefully received......but please don't tell me to delete and reinstate my Facebook account , I'm not going there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Simon, PM sent as requested.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Northern-dj

Oh the Facbook link well that was done by Ellis predecessor 

and there supposed to be posted on here and your coments go onto the facebook page

this was to help out the eforum team as facebook was getting swomped by unhappy VF customers

No, that's going off at a tangent.  I'm not bothered about the Facebook posts which come to the eforum ( i.e. when people post on the "Got a Question ?" tab ) since I reply to those on here. My problem is that I can't comment or Like on the vanilla Facebook parts of the page - nothing to do with the eForum at all. 

Incidentally the page is still entirely swamped by unhappy customers. Every post from VF gets a trail of comments which have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual subject of the post, they are all moans about some part of the service or other.  But then go to Tesco Mobile's Facebook page, the exact same happens there !

Hi biffo1963, 

What's your Facebook username?

You're more than welcome to PM this to us instead of writing this in the eForum. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Thank you Sarah,

PM sent to yourself as requested.

biffo1963

UPDATE:-

Since sending a PM to Sarah as requested ( and receiving Thanks from Laura ) I have received the following reply.  Three sodding times !!   

"Thanks for your private message.

Due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we’re unable to respond to all of our PM’s. Please follow one of the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible.

For queries on Vodafone products and services, please post on the eForum, where our team will be along shortly to help you.

If your query is regarding your account, then you can contact Vodafone by simply clicking here and speaking to one of our advisors. "

Thanks guys, this really instils confidence.  If this is what happens when we are asked to PM you, what sort of response do unsolicited PMs receive ????

Hi biffo1963,

Sorry about that. It’s a standard response although if you’ve physically been asked to PM us, it should still be picked up.

Can you PM it to me directly and I’ll pick it up as soon as I’ve got it?

Thanks,

Simon

Thank you Simon, PM sent as requested.

biffo1963

OK Folks,

For anyone who was following this thread - PROBLEM RESOLVED !    When Simon and his colleagues did some digging they discovered that my Facebook account had been banned from the page; however, despite records which go back to the beginning of the Vodafone Facebook page ( before I joined the forum )  there was no record of my having made any transgression. So they concluded that some mistake had occurred, and lifted the ban - I can now comment on the page once again.

That sounds to me very much like a classic phat finger, which proves the old adage that to err is human but to really foul things up requires a computer.    Many, many thanks to Simon and the team for sorting this out for me !!

I am also having problems with my access to Vodafones Facebook page

It is possible to see the original posts but NOT to see any reply and NO option to post.

This is most irritating as I'm trying to say some NICE things about Vodafone and the service I received from one of

the Milton Keynes stores.