Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forum Ranking Changes

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everyone

Over the next few weeks we are going to be implementing some changes to improve our customers experience with our forum. While the way in which our customers use the forum will not change dramatically, the changes will make it easier to find the information you are looking for as well as some of the other functions of the site

One of the first changes we are going to make is a revamp of the forum ranking structure. This will be going live on Monday so please do not be alarmed if your rank changes on this day. At the same time as going live I will be sure to create a post that explains the new structure and answers any questions you may have on the subject.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum then please let us know in our forum feedback and suggestion board.

Ellis

43 REPLIES 43

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Ellis

It only happens to the best. :smileywink:

That brings us again to my original point, that the archived (although you have confirmed that it should count) thanks are not counting towards the Status.

My 30 days count has been 100+ for a long time, however only had 2 status upgrade after 1 inital downgrade when the new structure was introduced.

p/s I see you have some thanks for the incorrect post. :smileysurprised: CCs need to think twice before just clicking away on Thanks Button.

Ellis_VF

Hi Getafix.

Sorry for the delay in response. I've been all over the place this week.

I've checked and all of the answers and thanks that you have earnt are still counting. As mentioned earlier, posts in archive still count even if you can't see them.

For example, I can see that you have 2250 thanks and 121 answers to your name in total. This will likely differ from what you can see. I can also tell you that the score this gives you is close, but not quite there for the next rank.

The ranks do start to have longer gaps between them the higher you go up. This is to encourage a shift from purely gaining quick thanks ranks to rewarding a user who gives more accepted answers.

I hope this helps explain things a bit further.

Getafix

Just moved up a rank and now my Thanks weight is 2. Unexpected but nice to have some recognition.

Ellis_VF

Great work @Getafix 

Thanks for all of your help in the community.