Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forum Ranking Changes

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everyone

Over the next few weeks we are going to be implementing some changes to improve our customers experience with our forum. While the way in which our customers use the forum will not change dramatically, the changes will make it easier to find the information you are looking for as well as some of the other functions of the site

One of the first changes we are going to make is a revamp of the forum ranking structure. This will be going live on Monday so please do not be alarmed if your rank changes on this day. At the same time as going live I will be sure to create a post that explains the new structure and answers any questions you may have on the subject.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum then please let us know in our forum feedback and suggestion board.

Ellis

43 REPLIES 43

Getafix
16: Advanced member

All human beings always get a feeling of satisfaction when they receive appreciation. I personally like to help but that does not mean I don't want to be appreciated. And that is one of the reason I don't actively ask for Kudos as a signature in my posts.

When you say speaking positively about Vodafone product's I hope you are not implying that only given CE status to those who do not criticise Vodafone. Let's be frank, Vodafone is not Faultless, you personally have many times said that the Forum team are the Best, but for me that is actually a Negative as would have expected sales/service regardless of who you contact.

biffo1963

Getafix,

That's inevitable really as this forum is both hosted and run by Vodafone.  It's not independent.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your interpretation is incorrect - there is no coercion to speak highly about Vodafone when it isn't appopriate.

My experience of Vodafone over a 20 year time period has been almost exclusively positive. I will often post on threads where the network has been unfairly criticised to bring some balance to the conversation.

But this doesn't mean to say that I won't also be highly criticial of the network when it is warranted - and it often is.

Given that this forum is paid for and run by Vodafone I am amazed at how they put up with all the criticisms and anger and misplaced taunts.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p

@jeffkinn wrote:

Your interpretation is incorrect - there is no coercion to speak highly about Vodafone when it isn't appopriate.

I think what was meant is that we don't constantly criticise Vodafone like a lot of people do on this forum  - from some people, there is just a constant flow of negativity that just isn't needed.... it is a case of being negative for the sake of it and not highlighting an issue to be fixed.

PWIAC

Ellis_VF

Morning all

Thanks for taking an interest in the ranking structure and the Community Champion role.

The new ranks have been rolled out successfully and hopefully it's making better sense for everyone. As part of the update we cut the number of ranks to keep it at a standard 50. Most of the cut ones were the names which nobody liked (Egghead anybody?) but as a result of these cuts some peoples new titles might seem to have gone back slightly. This mostly affected people in the Scholar and Mentor ranges. I wish to make it clear that this is not intended as a penalisation, indeed, even some of the Community Champions have been affected.

We do not require our Community Champions to only speak highly of Vodafone. Indeed, if there is a problem they can and will highlight it. What is required is positive communication. For example, if a customer has a billing problem and a member of the community helps out then that is good. However, somebody who helps out but also is overly negative towards Vodafone may not be the type of person who would make a good Champion.

Ellis

biffo1963

Ellis,

You still haven't done what you twice promised to do at the beginning of this thread, which is to post up the new rankings and how they relate to one another.   :smileysurprised:

Ellis_VF

Hi.

Below are the ranks, for the sake of easier viewing they are accompanied by the rank number to show where they are in relation to each other.

We don’t give out the exact targets for each rank, but of course we’ll let you know how you can advance.

The first few ranks are based on your number of posts.

After that, you progress depending on the number of ‘Thanks’ you receive, as well as how many of your posts have been marked as being the answer.

Tip: A post marked as being the answer will advance you further than a ‘Thanks’. :Winking_smiley:

Let me know if you’ve got any questions.

Any questions?

Grand Master
Master IV
Master III
Master II 
Master
Oracle V
Oracle IV
Oracle III
Oracle II
Oracle
Professor V
Prefessor IV
Professor III
Professor II 
Professor
Scholar V
Scholar IV
Scholar III
Scholar II
Scholar
Mentor V
Mentor IV
Mentor III
Mentor II 
Mentor
Tutor V
Tutor IV
Tutor III
Tutor II
Tutor
Instructor V
Instructor IV
Instructor III
Instructor II
Instructor
Guide V
Guide IV
Guide III
Guide II 
Guide
Helper V
Helper IV
Helper III
Helper II
Helper
Regular Poster
Established Poster
Occasional poster
First Poster

biffo1963

Thanks Ellis,

That's what we needed !    Not sure about some people going back "slightly"  -  three ranks is three months in my book, that's more than just "slight."    Cheers !        :smileysad:

Ellis_VF

Hi Biffo

I am sorry about that. As explained above, the removal of number of ranks resulted in some people getting new ranks. In the cases of some Scholar and Mentor ranks it may appear as if they have gone back a few ranks although in reality they are exactly where they were but with a new name.

Ellis

biffo1963
With all due respect - phooey. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is undoubtedly a rhinoceros.