Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Info text messages

aclarkson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
For the last 2 months I have been charged an extra £25 for 'info text messages' @ £1.25 each . I have not received the texts , and not subscribed to any service .
I have spoken to Vodafone twice about these extra charges , in October they said they would credit my November bill with £25 as an act of good will , this did not happen ! I cannot afford to keep paying for these , any suggestions how to stop these extras on my bills ??
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Tricky.  I was going to ask what number the texts come from and what they're about, but clearly you don't know that.  Does your bill have any further information?

In the short term, the best solution is probably to call 191 or talk to Live Chat and ask for a premium rate bar to be put on your account.  That'll stop everything, including anything you might want to initiate such as voting on reality shows or paying for parking.   You could also ask if there's any information on where the messages come from (usually a shortcode).   When you have that, you can Google it and find the source and go from there.  Once it's out of your hair, you can remove the premium bar if you want.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aclarkson 

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you have been getting charged for 'info messages' and you have not sent any I don't see how you can be charged unless it is a 'service' that has been added to your account by Vodafone, this is what you need to find out and to make sure what your monthly 'package' contains go into your local store and get a print out copy of your contract to see what services are on it.