Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Introducing badges!

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have recently added a new feature to our community. Now as you engage with your fellow forum members you can earn badges to display on your profile page.

Each badge represents a different action taken or milestone reached. So for example, you can earn a badge for giving thanks or completing your profile. If you click on the “view all” option on the profile then you will see all the badges you have already got as well as ones you can currently earn. If you hover the mouse over them then you will also get information on the criteria for earning that badge.

To begin with, you may only be able to see a small number of badges on the forum. These are the ones that are awarded for completing your first steps in the community. Once they are done you will unlock the rest of the badges and can then earn everything.

I will also say that there are a number of badges which are hidden from public view entirely until they are earned. Keep an eye out for these rare awards.

As a number of you have already done a lot of tasks that will unlock badges, there is a chance you will get a lot of them all in one to begin with. Although this will result in a lot of e-mails being sent to you, this is a one off and I hope it doesn’t cause any inconvenience.

I hope you enjoy earning and collecting all the badges. This is only the first set and there will be more released in the future. Keep an eye on the community for more news on these.

Regards

Ellis

4 REPLIES 4

Ellis_VF

Hi Everybody.

There is a slight update to badges and we now have 4 brand new ones to award to people who have been actively tagging posts. For more information on all the badges follow this link.

If you have any suggestions for badges you want to see then let me know.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

Hi Ellis

Here are some ideas for Badges:

1. Length of membership - (6 months, 12 months... etc.)
  2. Mobile poster - (from phone or tablet)
  3. chameleon - (someone who changes their avatar several times)
  4. Tourist - posting from abroad
  5. Gallery - posting X amount of pictures

TSD 👍

Ellis_VF

Some stunning ideas here.

I'm always looking for new ideas for badges and a couple of the ones you have suggested are ones I'd also like. So it hopefully means we are going in the right direction.

I especially like the length of membership one. It gives me the reason to have a community birthday party.

thesoupdragon

Some more ideas...

• Device Loyalty - for someone who posts consistantly in one Device Board
  • Happy Wanderer - someone who posts on multiple device boards
  • Chatty Friend - someone who posts a lot in the Lounge
  • Linky - posting x amount of internal / external hyper links
  • Media Savvy - Sharing posts to other media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
  • Smiley Miley - Using emoticons in posts x amount of times
  • High Flyer - posting from an aeroplane

Wink.gif

[Edit}

How about a Birthday Badge for posting on your Birthday? 

Cough, cough... where's my Birthday Badge...? :smileyvery-happy: