so it will be the ipad2 with siri on it

But Apple will say it all new as they do

So How long will the que's be this time

Message 1 of 17 (4,027 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Re: Ipad 3 Launch 7th March

[ Edited ]

you know there will always be 100's of Apple fanboys (and girls) desparate to get their hands on them...not sure about Apples "new model every 12 months" way of products...surely people will get fed up/bored/skint...especially as they seem to be just tweaking the current model without any huge leaps forward. I still use my 3GS daily, while i have a 4 sitting in the house unused - upgrade due and wife wants a 4s, for no reason other than she can get one and her friends have them

i got bored with the iPad2 after a few weeks (was only a loan)...being honest it does almost everything, so will be interesting to see what they do to make it better

Message 2 of 17 (4,005 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

_365_ wrote:

i got bored with the iPad2 after a few weeks (was only a loan)...being honest it does almost everything, so will be interesting to see what they do to make it better

Knowing Apple it'll be more a case of doing everything better.

My guess is 

• Retina type display - maybe not retina but definatly a higher resolution improvement
  • Faster Processor - possible a quad core versio of the 4S's processor
  • Better Cameras
  • Siri
  • And of course it will be thinner and lighter still!

Hope we get hold of them at work before launch day again, enjoyed getting to play with the iPad 2 a few days early.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 3 of 17 (3,998 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

Last time they did a Buy back on the ipad 1 But most have got a Ipad 2 and there has not been a mad rush to get rid of the Ipad3

It will be intresting to see the sales the iphone 4s did well as more networks did the phone

But ipad3 ummmmmm

Noing Apple they will give you less but convince you they have given you more

Message 4 of 17 (3,994 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Grayman

At a guess, if they do release an iPad3 (or iPad 2s), they will generate a huge amount of hype around it to start with, and knowing the demand there will be for anything Apple, they will limit the initial production run so that only some of the people who need (????) the device will actually get one, making it more desirable, and generating more hype around it.  I dont think that they can squeeze much more into what it can do (possibly a bigger memory, more processing power and better graphics), but unless they do something more radical, _365_ and Northern-dj could be right, and the public will see that they are being "milked" for the same product they already have, which Apple will pretty much tell them is obsolete and no use in 12 months time, even if the only difference is the new model opens apps 1 nanosecond faster, and is a hairs breadth thinner.

Grayman

Message 5 of 17 (3,982 Views)
Jebelious

One word would certainly express how i feel about an iPad announcemet and this word is:

zzzz

I predict the following :

As per Nab's post
Retina display
New A* Processor (*= a number)
Processor is a Quad Core 1GhZ maybe 1.2
Screen size is still 10.* "
Siri... ( i dont think anything else needs to be said about this gimmick feature)
new iOS version for phones and iPad 1/2
A few new titles that will be coming along and designed to work on tablets
Maybe a new feature for iCloud
A new higher price tag
New variant of the iPad 2
New camera (similar tech to the iPhone 4s one) Look at how many lenses there are!!!

They may announce a new 7" version but i think this is doubtful as Mr. Jobs always said no to this.

I would like to be proven wrong though :smileytongue:
If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 6 of 17 (3,978 Views)
Jebelious

Now something that is quite interesting is the Windows 8 announcements and demo at MWC today, they looked very interesting the OS is coming along very nicely!
If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 7 of 17 (3,960 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
stuartwilson

It might be a few extra tweaks here or there but every company keeps doing it me think s 2 plus but then Its only apple that kind of does that sort of thing. N o matter what they do there will be people on here it's only this that they upgraded. But I'm sure Samsung did the same thing when the ipad2 came out they got rid of there galaxy tab 10 & changed it to 10.1 after the iPad2 came out & apple do it with all there products ie iMac & MacBooks. How many android phones are there out that can upgrade to the latest software.
Message 8 of 17 (3,944 Views)
Rank 15: Guide IV
dcarmi

I really really don't get on with the iPad. I don't find them easy to use and live with.

I do suspect some sort of spoiler to hamper sales of Android tablets due for imminent release. i.e. a strong hint that the iPad mini will show up in Q3. Maybe a cut price low spec iPad2, will be outed.

Message 9 of 17 (3,935 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I
thesoupdragon

There is talk of 8Gb versions of the iPad 2 and iPad 3 being released.

What is the point of that...? There wont be enough room for anything on there! wtf.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 10 of 17 (3,932 Views)
Northern-dj

This is true my wife had problems with her Galaxy Tab 8gb 

And if i no Apple 2GB will be held back 

My iphone had 8Gb and i nearly filled that 

My wifes Toshiba Rocks and she has seen the ipad 2 and been at presantations were there have not worked and laptops have failed but hers worked first time 

I think Android is easy to come from a windows user then Apple to like a Ipad you need to be either a non smartphone user or a mac user 

They have always got alot of sales on the back of oooo he has one so i want one 

On A what is cool in the schools Apple is way down the list 

Blackberry is number one (don't ask )

The people that have Apple have Ipods eg my son for Facetime 

What would sell the ipad is if it had the Mac OS on and not the same OS as the Ipod the Mac OS is not to bad to work with 

Tablets need to brake away from the Big Phone look 

But dressing up a Tablet with Apps is not good when all they change is the screen but if people want to spend £500 every year they can do for me You don't Buy a new laptop every year 

Message 11 of 17 (3,929 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
cyberworld

according to my study ipad 3 might include these features if iam not wrong sir.

• The iPad 3 will usher in iOS 5.1
  • The iPad 3 will have a bigger battery
  • iPad 3 have a smaller dock connector
  • The iPad 3 hardware 
  • The iPad 3 specifications will include more storage
  • iPad 3 features could include a Thunderbolt port
Message 12 of 17 (3,925 Views)
Northern-dj

cyberworldukltd wrote:

according to my study ipad 3 might include these features if iam not wrong sir.

• The iPad 3 will usher in iOS 5.1
  • The iPad 3 will have a bigger battery
  • iPad 3 have a smaller dock connector
  • The iPad 3 hardware 
  • The iPad 3 specifications will include more storage
  • iPad 3 features could include a Thunderbolt port

OK 5.1 well still looks the same Oh they might copy android even more with the pull down blind

A Bigger battery well there having problems with IOS 5 on ths Iphone 4S so thats logic for ya

a Smaller dock so all the addons out there will need throughing away as they won't fit which means spending more money that we all have

Ipad 3 Hardware a new chip well look what that did to the iphone 4S Killed the Battery, Oh see line two

More storage probs start at 32gb and do a 64GB thats normal for Apple, saving the 8GB and 16GB for the small IPAD

Oh Thunderbolt the most usable acsesory is a usb converter

USB3 is the way to go   

Message 13 of 17 (3,916 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
stuartwilson

As I said before every company copy's each other. so Samsung has never done that Microsoft have never. I think 1 of the great things about ios is my 3 year old can work the apple software & that's how great it is. so what if company offer this as an extra you don't have to buy it.
Message 14 of 17 (3,914 Views)
Rank 15: Guide IV
dcarmi

"What is the point of that...? There wont be enough room for anything on there! "

That is what the cloud stuff is for! The Kindle Fire has 8GB (6GB usable) and no USB and it sold. If they get an iPad on sale for £250 then people will buy regardless of available internal storage.

Besides, if people buy a low specced iPad, they'll be more likely to upgrade to another better iPad.

Message 15 of 17 (3,909 Views)
Northern-dj

Cloud storage is fine if were not data caped but in the UK there is only one company with unlimited internet 

Plus what happens if the cloud fails or gets stopped what happens to the data if i have a file i want 24 hour unrestricted accses to it with a data cap we have not got this 

Cloud storage is not secure 

Only yesterday some one on a iphone gain accses to a persons photos just by giving permission on there location 

I prefer Nas storage and industry does as well, but even that has to put up with data capping 

Until unlimited internet is avalable devices like this will never be used how the manufactures and the users want to use them

Message 16 of 17 (3,906 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I
thesoupdragon

dcarmi wrote:

That is what the cloud stuff is for! The Kindle Fire has 8GB (6GB usable) and no USB and it sold.

I use a lot of Cloud storage to backup files, music and photo's. So I do appreciate your point.

The Kindle Fire has no 3g so accessing Cloud based storage is dependent on WiFi access. This will be true of many people buying a Cheaper 8Gb iPad.

The concept sounds good but practicality is always another thing entirely.

The fact that neither the Kindle Fire nor the iPad can be expanded is a major design flaw in my eyes and one that I cannot quantify in terms of value for money.

Why should I as a customer be expected to buy a new device, because the one I have runs out of space?

Simply include a Memory Card slot or even allow USB Mass Storage devices to connect.

6Gb of usable storage in today's market is inexcusable! As consumers we should be demanding more for our money, not accepting less!

Hmmm.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 17 of 17 (3,899 Views)