Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nearly new handsets - worth the risk?

Glostafarian1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm after any feedback possible please. I'm due an upgrade next month and trying to work out what options are best for me. I noticed the nearly new page and looking for feedback both positive and negative from anyone who has bought these handsets from vodafone before I decide what to do.
4 REPLIES 4

shinwar
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi 

I've never bought a nearly new one so wouldnt know about the reliability

If you are thinking of getting one... it might be worth thinking does the lower cost offset the 

possibilty it might not work as well as a new one with it being 2nd hand/ refurbished

if you are looking to keep the costs down .... do you qualify for the VEA discounts? if you do that could knock up to

20% off your line rental and let you get a better phone for the same price!

thanks

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, I havent tried the nearly new phones but as they are just phones returned within the 14 day cooling off period and fully checked there should be no problems. As you are also given the same warranty as a brand new phone i cant see much risk really.

hrym

You certainly get a full Vodafone warranty, but it would be interesting to know whether the same applies to the manufacturer warranty.   If you get a problem that Vodafone, for whatever reason, can't fix, the ability to go direct is handy.   So, a) does "nearly new" affect this overall and b) would the warranty still apply for the manuacturer's normal period (1 or 2 years) from your purchase?

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

If your getting a nice discount then why not.  Your covered by the Sale of Goods Act which says that your product must be fit for purpose.  It must be as described. It must be of satisfactory quality, sufficiently durable, free from any defects.  so there should be no issue with the phone.