Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Happy! Sim Card

NicholasJohn
3: Seeker

Well I must say I am not a happy chappy with Vodafone at the moment.

My phone broke yesterday and I have to revert to my old phone.

However I need a new sim card.

Popped in to Vodafone shop - bit of a trek as they are always in the town centre which on a Friday is a nightmare.

The girl in the shop was helpful and gave me a replacement card, she advised that the store systems were down and that I could phone customer services on 03333040191 and they would activate the card for me.

So having driven the 10 miles home I phoned the 03333040191 number and finally got through to an operator who was very unhelpful.

She stated that as I had the card from the store I would have to have it activated in store.

I explained what I had been told in store and she continued to state that they only activate cards from online. I told her she was being very unhelpful and asked to speak with her supervisor or manager, of course buy now I am getting a little peed with the attitude.

She stated that if I wanted to make a complaint that I had to go through to another department.

She transferred me through.

I was told by the operator that he was unable to help as his systems were down.

I explained that I was already peed and what the issue was, he said he was unable to make notes on the system so could not help. I asked to speak with his line manager / supervisor he came back on the line as said .... My manager said the same thing. 

If you want to make a complaint you could do that online.

Well I logged online and went into the make a complaint section which advises to phone Vodafone....

WELL I JUST (Removed as per House Rules)TRIED!!!!!!!

I am now well and truly peed off with Vodafone as a whole and expect an apology for this fiasco. I also expect an investigation and development of systems and disaster recovery plans – don’t think that is too much to ask and can understand why there are not systems in place to cover currently

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi there, as far as I know that number should be able to activate your sim, have you tried the livechat service, they have a good reputation for sorting sim swaps out.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
Hi there, as far as I know that number should be able to activate your sim, have you tried the livechat service, they have a good reputation for sorting sim swaps out.

gemziilou125
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

SIM cards from store DO need to be activated in store, they are not supposed to activate them over the phone. Some advisors do not check though, and will activate the anyway. Given the current situation though, with the systems being down, you would have thought they would make an exception and just activate it for you. It's not a difficult process.

Try again later today/tomorrow morning or whenever the systems are back up, and just explain that they couldn't do it in store because of the systems, and you can't get back to the store. 

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

NicholasJohn

Well Thank you John, yes the online help was very good until it all went pear shaped!!!!

And now I have

Sorry, we're making a few tweaks. We'll be back soon.

Well it is now Monday 10th and do I have service?

NO

Same old crap from Vodafone........ not sure why I have stuck with Vodafone

So much for the online team 

No help at all.

I have been told that the online team cannot activate Sims from the store......

Completely differnet from what I was originaly told and that I now need to go back to the store to activate the SIM

What a load of............. OOoo I know the work What a load of Vodafone!

Hi @NicholasJohn,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

For security reasons, we can only activate a SIM card if we can see the order on your account. If the store have just given you the SIM, we can't activate it unfortunately. 

If you're unable to get back to store, our Live help team can arrange a new SIM for you. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Intersting @kay it seems that there may be training issues as there is no parity in information supplied

http://ixpectmore.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/vodafone-uk.html?