Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recently upgraded. Entertainment and Now TV

elpico1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am very upset at seeing the new Vodafone advert that features convicted sex offender Mr Staurt Hall.

As a fellow who is married to a child sex victim,who is awaiting a high court outcome of her case,i find the new advert most upsetting,and I have tried hard to keep my dear wife from seeing it.

By using such a vile individual in it`s advertising,Vodafone are letting down all those men/women who were sexually abused by Mr Hall or others.

I have written to the advertising standards who will look into this for not only me,but the victims,and I ask now if Vodafone will stop this advert before it does more harm.

If Mr Hall is being paid a fee,by taking part in this advert,then Vodafone are not fully understanding the grim situation.

My wife is a new Vodafone customer,and if she knows that the company are using such a person for it`s adverts,she will become upset all over again,and i will not forgive Vodafone if this happens.

21 REPLIES 21

Thankyou for your reply,but he could be as hairy as he can,but it don`t take away the fact that I believe it is Mr Hall.

I would be interested too to hear how you feel about such a person being included in an advert.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
@Ellis_VF works for Vodafone and has said its not him, its very clear to me it's not him. Not sure what else you want anyone to do to try and put your mind at rest?

Wrong,wrong wrong.

If you don`t thik it`s him,then tell me who it is.

jeffkinn

Frankly it's very clear to a lot of us that it isn't the person in question. It would be ridiculous to think that an advertising agency would hire a convicted criminal of any kind, let alone that type of crime, to appear in an advert. I think we can rest assured that Stuart Hall, Jimmy Saville or Rolf Harris won't seen sporting a Vodafone mobile anytime soon.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Sorry. I don't know who it is?

it would be totally wrong for anyone such as Mr Hall to be used in any advertising campaign.

I don't want to cause any upset so I will leave this thread now as I don't think I can help any more.

I will be writing again to The Advertising standard Dept,telling them you refuse to tell me who this person is,and it is clear too that you don`t really give a damn.

I will aslo write to BBC Watchdog and as many newspapers as I possibly can.

Thankyou(not) for your time this evening

GKW

jeffkinn

Other than Ellis, we're all customers just like you with no inside knowledge whatsoever.

You do whatever you have to do but Vodafone has officially told you that your fears are groundless. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs
I personally think any company knowingly using footage or imagery of anyone convicted of such an offence for advertising purposes is completely wrong, it would certainly make me reject the company.

The gentleman in the advert will have been hired by Grey Advertising (http://www.grey.co.uk/) the people who produced the advert on Vodafone's behalf. As he would technically be an employee of the company they wouldn't be allowed to disclose his details without prior permission.

This not a person hired by grey advertising.

Why will nobody see that it is an old cip of Staurt Hall.

Before any of the readers say ìm being daft,imagine your own wife,daughter or family member being a victim of sexual abuse.How would you feel,and tell me honestly if you would not feel as i do.

Don`t you all think it somewhat odd that Vodafone have no idea who the person is?,or is it that they simply don`t want to know and would rather brush it aside than do what is right and stop the advert until enquiries are fully made.

This makes sense to me,so why don`t others understand?

I am not placing anymore comments on this site,and I will now wait patiently while AS make enquiries.

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @elpico1

While I understand your concern in this matter, I can only once more reassure you that the gentleman in question is not Stuart Hall.