cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify: How to choose from 30 million songs.

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi all

Spotify is one of the most popular choices from our 4G entertainment pack deals. It's easy to see why, as it gives you access to over 30 million songs to listen to while you are on the move. In fact, the main problem is trying to decide which of these 30 million songs to put on your playlists.

Thankfully, Spotify have your back on this one. The excellent browse function allows you to quickly discover new tracks on specific themes or recall tracks you may have forgotten about. There are playlists if you are happy, sad, at the gym, chilling out or even fancy listening to ones from adverts.

The Vodafone blog recently caught up with Rob Fitzpatrick, the man in charge of Spotify’s browse section in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. Read his insights into the amazing world of music browsing here.

Have you used Spotify’s browsing function before? Are there any hidden gems that you can recommend to others?

3 REPLIES 3

Magicman13
Community Champion (Retired)

I just use a random approach and pretty much add anything in the "recommended" section to my playlists.

I also have playlists for Work that are compiled via requests from team members. Always get a few beauties by doing that.

Overall, it depends on musical taste, but i've recently found some classic 80's power ballands from such as St Elmos Fire that take me back to my Youth. Mix that in with some Wu Tang Clan and Linkin Park, stir it with a bit of Aretha Franklin and Dusty Springfield, and sprinkle it with some Oasis and Matchbox Twenty, And the results are a rather bizarre collection of songs.

Just wish that The Beatles would get themselves on Spotify and i would be a happy man.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento

Ellis_VF

Do you ever use the Radio function? I've taken to putting on a song I'm in the mood for and then letting the radio pick out some good suggestions.

Magicman13

Can't say i have. I'll give it a whirl though.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento