Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swapping handsets

Oxfordrichard
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Help please! I received my new Samsung S5 a few weeks back but didn't even open the postal bag until I took it into store less than 48 hours ago to have it set up. Within a few minutes of holding it I knew it was wrong for me. It's too wide for my hands and aggravates the pain I have from RSI. I called 191'and basically they said 'we can't do anything, it's over 14 days'. I explained it was pretty much boxed as new, even screen film still one etc. The answer was 'no'. I've been with Voda for over 10 years and would hope they could help. I want to swap for the narrower iPhone6. It's too painful for me to hold the S5.
6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there

When you take out a new contract or upgrade, you are given a 14 day cooling off period during which you can assess the phone and signal and return the device with no questions asked. Once outside of this period, you cannot return the handset or swap it for a different one.

Because the clock is ticking once you receive the handset, it is always best that you take a look at it straight away so that you don't find yourself in the pickle you're currently in.  At this stage, all you can do is sell the S5 and use the money towards buying an iPhone 6. 

PWIAC

Is there really no way they can bend this rule for a 10 year plus customer? I like the phone but, since I bought on the telephone, just didn't realise how big it was. My fault for not opening sooner, I know.

drey_p

It's worth asking the question, but I will be very surprised if you get told anything other than the fact that you have 14 days to change it. 

PWIAC

Fair enough and thanks for your advice. Can you recommend a reputable place/site to sell my S5 and buy an iPhone 6? Thanks again.

Hi @Oxfordrichard

We do a buy back scheme for phones.

Check out – Vodafone Trade in

Cheers,

Laura

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Trade-in deals often aren't the most generous.  The usual place to sell phones is ebay, and they can go for silly prices.  Make sure you despatch by a tracked and insured service such as registered post, though.  Sadly, there are scam buyers out there who target new sellers and make fake non-delivery claims.  I can't post a link here, but there was a story in the Money section of last Saturday's Guardian newspaper.   So you might regard a lower price from a reputable source as a worthwhile insurance premium.