Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vat after employee advantage discount.

Alishalnr88
4: Newbie
Hi, ive recently been looking back at my bills for the past 18 months with vodafone. And ive noticed that i was paying my price plan is correct after the 20% is taken off but then im being charged vat ontop of that is this normal, why would they offer a 20 discount and then charge us the vat i thought vat was suppose to be included in the proce plan it clearly states this in t&cs
38 REPLIES 38

Erwarren
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Sorry - just been realistic, if I knew then what I know now I never would have come to Vodafone. Absolute the worst experience in my whole life and so stressful - I just want to throw my phone away!! Good luck!!

Alishalnr88
I know how you feel about that i feel the same especially on days i cant get through to them. Thanks anyway

Getafix
16: Advanced member
Alisha,

Are your two tariffs supposed to £48.50 and £42 with 20% discount on both?

So your total bill would be £90.50 less 20% (× .8) = £72.41.

Each line will have following in different summary. The First Line in each summary will be the Full Tariff Price without VAT.

Line Rental. That would be 48.50 / 1.2 = £40.42.

Can you see this as the first line in the first summary?

The next line will show the discount, in your case 20% which should be £8.08.

This is Deducted from 40.42 to give you £32.34 as your net charge for Tariff without VAT.

Again same for the second line.
£35 as tariff
£7 discount
Net amount £28.

The £32.34 and £28 are added to give £60.34.
Then VAT is added to £60.34 × 1.2 = £72.41

Alishalnr88
Yeah it gives me the total of the bill then it says after that plus 20% vat adding on another 10 -14 pound. Every single bill.

Getafix
What are the figures in each line under the heading Services and Credits?

Line 1 Rental
Discount
Line 2 Rental
Discount
Total
Value Inc VAT.

And just to be complete what values are there in your calls and Mobile data/texts summary lines?

Alishalnr88
It doesnt work like that on the bill, it just gives me price plan for both plans with discount all ready added on. I was told that vat was included in this. All i know os its suppose to be 35 pound for 1st line inclusive of vat then 38.50 with discount added on suppose to include vat. On the bill it tells me the 1st line is 35 pound then the second is 38.50 then plus 20% vat

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @Alishalnr88 

I'm baffled as to what is going on with your invoices. Earlier today I worked it all out from scratch yet again, and I got exactly the same result as Getafix, i.e. a total of £72.41. 

If it were as simple a matter as VAT being applied a second time, then you'd get another £14.48 on top, but it would be exactly the same each month, it certainly wouldn't vary between £10 and £14. Also, earlier you mentioned ex-VAT amounts of £34.41 and £39.19, which doesn't coincide with the £35.00 and £38.50 which you now mention, and which seems to suggest some variability from month to month.

Although I'm a PAYG customer, I have seen the invoices for PayM customers, either on their phones or on a PC, and the breakdown of the charges always seems perfectly transparent. I can't help thinking that there must be some intermediate steps in your invoice which for some reason you aren't seeing, and from which it might be possible to figure out what is happening. If you aren't seeing anything else when viewing your account from your phone, do you see more if you view your account from a PC?

Also, Getafix asks what you see for calls or messaging and mobile internet. I noted that you had said above that your allowances were more than adequate, and therefore there were no other charges, but it does occur to me that there could be something, such as calls or texts to a premium rate number, which aren't covered by your allowances, and therefore are generating extra charges. But, if there is anything of this sort, it ought to be visible somewhere, as in the example that drey_p gives in post #19 on this thread.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to hassle you by raising these questions, as I realise that you feel beleaguered enough already. I'd just like to help you get to the bottom of whatever is going on here, and get things straightened out for you.

A further thought - reading through the complete thread again, I see that you mentioned having some screenshots of your bills. It isn't possible to add attachments to a post if you are using the mobile forum, but if you use the desktop website (either from a PC or from a phone), there are options to add an attachment or to insert an image into a post. But do make sure that you have removed or masked any personal information before putting them up on the forum.

Alishalnr88
It isnt showing any options to add an attachment or a photo. There mite have been a couple months here and there where i have a sent an odd picture message of my daughter to her dad but that is very rare as he uses whatsapp anyother time. Also a month or so where i had to call a 0800 number for work but it wouldnt have been that long as to accumulate that high of vat added onto my bill.

Hi @Alishalnr88,

We can look into this further for you. See here for how to get in touch and we'll contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks, 

Kay