Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone apps

breakerman
2: Seeker
Why can't view my account on my windows phone I purchased it from Vodafone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. I've seen a couple of questions on this. Vodafone don't have an app for Windows phone yet and there has been no confirmed release date. You can keep checking on the My Vodafone App page for any updates.

Some forum users have also suggested workarounds such as pinning the My Vodafone URL as a short cut to the front page of Windows Mobile via the browser, or using 44555 from the phone to check usage.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

redpages

Hi. I've seen a couple of questions on this. Vodafone don't have an app for Windows phone yet and there has been no confirmed release date. You can keep checking on the My Vodafone App page for any updates.

Some forum users have also suggested workarounds such as pinning the My Vodafone URL as a short cut to the front page of Windows Mobile via the browser, or using 44555 from the phone to check usage.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

breakerman
You would think Vodafone would have checked that the phones. they sell would accept their apps

hrym

Apps have to be written specifically for the device they tun on - an iPhone app won't work on an Android device, for instance.   There are very few apps for Windows (reviews are coy about this and tend to refer to "fewer" rather than "hardly any at all"), partly due to the much smaller user-base.   It would be reasonable to assume, though, that Vodafone would regard this as a platform they ought to support and that, if there was going to be an app, it would be available by now.

Windows has a different security system to other devices and I've always wondered whether this has something to do with it.   However since, as far as I can see, the My Vodafone app really only displays the same account information as My Vodafone on the website, I'm not sure how this would apply.   I think the workround suggested by Redpages is the only solution.