Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What's happened to the 4G Section?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Vodafone are well behind the competition in 4G rollout, but why has the 4G section been removed, perhaps it's too embarassing for Vodafone?

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Which 4G section are you referring to?  Because the 4G section is still here.  You can find it under the Discover Vodafone menu option.

PWIAC

James5566
10: Established
10: Established

@Laurie_dunkley wrote:

I know Vodafone are well behind the competition in 4G rollout, but why has the 4G section been removed, perhaps it's too embarassing for Vodafone?

Are they? I've found their 4G coverage to be quite good in the cities they've launched in. Granted, EE has launched in many more places but their approach seems to be upgrade a couple of masts in a given town and call it job done. Where Vodafone/O2 seem to be launching in a city and covering it in 4G and the towns/villages on the outskirts of it.

As for 3, their approach so far is disappointing. They've launched in the city I live and have upgraded ONE mast to 4G.

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi guys.

The 4G section has been split. It seems that most of the questions we were getting in the area were either for the entertainment packs or for people enquring about the 4G signal.

As we have a great team responsible for our Network queries we decided to move all questions for that subject into the network boards.

We then created a special "entertainment packs" area to capture the other areas of discussion. 

I hope this helps but if you jave any queries then please let me know.

spenwaar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why is Vodafone so behind the curve with 4G coverage? I'm in the South West and there is no 4G coverage in Plymouth. I was sold a 4G plan a few months ago and was told by the saleman 4g is coming. When is it coming? Why am I paying for a service that Vodafone Simply is not providing?

drey_p
You have to remember that Vodafone were only granted a 4G license very late in the game. Ofcom allowed a certain network to roll out their 4G well ahead of everyone else. You also need to realise that a 4G roll out isn't as simple as flipping a switch. Transmitters have to be upgraded along with the rest of the infrastructure. Also Vodafone are upgrading the 3G coverage at the same time. This is a heck of a lot of work and won't happen overnight. A year down the line and the 4G roll out on going and Vodafone have similar coverage to EE when they had 4G for the same length of time.

4G is coming, and you will be able to keep abreast of the rollout in your area by using the coverage checker. It will show you planned upgrades over the next 3 months, all you need to do is enter your postcode and select the type of signal.
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

I'm afraid that your contract isn't for a specific type of signal. Also a lot of people take up 4G plans, even though they arent in 4G areas, because they get extras like more data and Entertainment packs such as Spotify or Netflix or Sky Sports.

PWIAC

4G is coming, and you will be able to keep abreast of the rollout in your area by using the coverage checker. It will show you planned upgrades over the next 3 months, all you need to do is enter your postcode and select the type of signal.
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage​/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Still waiting??