Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

dancing white android? android virus?

itselaine
3: Seeker
I have a little white dancing android appearing on my screen. Does anyone know what this is? Is it a virus? All my scans say there is no malware or spyware but funny how its happening after buying new SD card with 'fatal errors' and getting lots of pop ups,,,HELP!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
This sounds like you have downloaded a game or app that has ads enabled on it, did you install anything about the time it started.

If you are worried try a factory reset but make sure that you have the automatic restore turned off and then only install apps one at a time and see if it starts after any new install

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member

What handset is this on?

PWIAC

63johnw
This sounds like you have downloaded a game or app that has ads enabled on it, did you install anything about the time it started.

If you are worried try a factory reset but make sure that you have the automatic restore turned off and then only install apps one at a time and see if it starts after any new install

itselaine
drey_p - I have a Vodafone smartfone4 turbo. I looked in the Android community and some ppl there had the same problem but no-one seems to know what it is!
63johnw - I would really like to leave a factory reset as a last resort but ur right, I have downloaded a few new games recently!

froggerty

Remove the SD card first and then uninstall the games and see if that stops it. and go from there.

63johnw
Yeah I agree, remove the games and see if it stops.

froggerty

Dont forget to take out the SD card. as the virus may be on that.

itselaine
Thanks folks for ur brill ideas, I appreciate the help, I have taken out the SD card and deleted my downloaded games, not sure if it has worked yet but I haven't seen that dancing droid since!! THANK YOU X

froggerty

We will keep our fingers crossed for you that removing the SD card and uninstalling the games has done the trick, keep us informed how it goes. Never buy an SD memory card that has been re-formatted, there are thousands of them for sale on the likes of eBay, avoid them like the plague, some even have only a fraction of the memory stated, always pay that little bit more and buy a new one.