Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

poor customer service

furrybelly1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi my husband and myself has been vodafone customers since 2005 in 2010 we got our first contract phone with you and we now have have 4 contract phones with you but after our latest encounter with a member of your staff in one of your stores we feel once our contracts are up we will be looking else where for our next phones, on Monday my husband took his Galaxy s3 into the Southampton store as it had stopped reading his sim we phoned up and were told this was the best option and he would be given a replacement phone but this was not the case not only did we have to wait over 20 minutes to be seen we were then dealt with by a very rude and unhelpful man he said we couldn't have a replacement phone and the person on the phone had got it wrong no explaination as to why we couldnt have one that was that he then said we had to pay for the repair as there was a tiny mark on the screen and that could be why the sim is not reading any more we weren't happy about this but agreed to as my husband has health issues and needs his phone we then found out when we got home he put the repair code as cracked damaged screen this was not the case the screen was fine it was just not reading the sim anymore so we rang up to complain but didn't really get anywhere its Saturday today still no update on my husbands repair so we rang vodafone they gave us the repair centers number my husband called them only to find out that they haven't even look at his phone yet as the date for collection is the 31st!!!! what we never said we couldn't pick it up till then we asked why it had that date on it they said the man at the store had put that on it as to when we would be picking it up im disgusted with such a unprofessional service we rang up vodafone to be told they will deal with the member of staff blah blah blah and offered us a £5 voucher seriously this is beyond a joke the memeber of staff was not only rude to us but has delibraty put back our repair we never said no such thing that we couldnt collect it till the 31st this has made me so angry and just shows that vodafone has no respect for its loyal customers 4 contract phones we have with them been loyal customers for over 9 years and we are treated like this god only knows when we will get my husbands phone back but im already looking around for a better deal and and concidering taking this matter even further staff should not be allowed to treat loyal customers with such lack of respect its completly put me off vodafone and im making sure everyone i know knows how bad we have been treated 

20 REPLIES 20

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
This sounds as you have been very badly treat by the staff in that store.

The person who said you would be given a new phone was wrong but the store should have handled it better.

You could request the phone be sent back and you could send it direct to Samsung who have a much wider scope to repairs and this may even qualify for a warranty repair if it's less than 2 years.

Samsung service centres can be found here

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Ok i will comment after each sentence makes things easier

furrybelly1979 wrote:

"Hi my husband and myself has been vodafone customers since 2005 in 2010 we got our first contract phone with you and we now have have 4 contract phones with you but after our latest encounter with a member of your staff in one of your stores we feel once our contracts are up we will be looking else where for our next phones, on Monday my husband took his Galaxy s3 into the Southampton store as it had stopped reading his sim we phoned up and were told this was the best option and he would be given a replacement phone but this was not the case not only did we have to wait over 20 minutes to be seen we were then dealt with by a very rude and unhelpful man he said we couldn't have a replacement phone and the person on the phone had got it wrong no explaination as to why we couldnt have one."

Ok this has not started wel, Now the S3 is a older phone so depending how long you have had this depends on what can be done 

Now the caller was right in sending you into a shop but to get a replacement sim and not the phone as it may be the sim that has failed so that should of been tried first.

and that is what you should of been told, if that does not fix the issues a Factory wipe should of been tried to re install the drivers for the phone.

That should of been explained to you, and rightly so they should of properly explained why your phone can not be swopped and what options are open to you.

"that was that he then said we had to pay for the repair as there was a tiny mark on the screen and that could be why the sim is not reading any more"

What a load of Rubbish

1. Warrenty needs to ba astablished if its with in the two years warrenty

2. a scratch on a screen has nothing to do with the sim clearly this Guy has no idea about mobile phones

"we weren't happy about this but agreed to as my husband has health issues and needs his phone we then found out when we got home he put the repair code as cracked damaged screen this was not the case"

At this point i would of gone back to the store and asked for the manager as this member of staff need to go back to trainin, this will not help with the repair and will only add to any delay 

the screen was fine it was just not reading the sim anymore so we rang up to complain but didn't really get anywhere its Saturday today still no update on my husbands repair so we rang vodafone they gave us the repair centers number my husband called them only to find out that they haven't even look at his phone yet as the date for collection is the 31st!!!! what we never said we couldn't pick it up till then we asked why it had that date on it they said the man at the store had put that on it as to when we would be picking it up im disgusted with such a unprofessional service we rang up vodafone to be told they will deal with the member of staff blah blah blah and offered us a £5 voucher seriously this is beyond a joke the memeber of staff was not only rude to us but has delibraty put back our repair we never said no such thing that we couldnt collect it till the 31st this has made me so angry and just shows that vodafone has no respect for its loyal customers 4 contract phones we have with them been loyal customers for over 9 years and we are treated like this god only knows when we will get my husbands phone back but im already looking around for a better deal and and concidering taking this matter even further staff should not be allowed to treat loyal customers with such lack of respect its completly put me off vodafone and im making sure everyone i know knows how bad we have been treated 

Ok this is a mess and you need to get to the Bottom of

1. Where your phone is ?

2. It is Booked in Correctly so it gets repaied then

3. You put a Complaint in in Righting to Vodafone, This goes to the Customer Relations team who do get things moving to make sure this member of staff is sorted out 

Now Hopfully the eforum will help out in finding out were your phone is and getting this repaied and back to you, they carn't help with the Complaint as that has to go higher up as its at a branch

Now if the phone comes back and is not repaied panic not, here is were Samsung comes in they can repair your phone if you use there postal service takes then five days to repair a phone and you get full tracking

if you found us first i would of recormended after trying another sim sending to samsung much much faster

thank you so much fir your help sorry I'm a bit slow replying I'm new to this eForum stuff not too sure what i'm doing , I have tracked the repair today and it looks like they are replacing the phone but still no idea on if we are going to be charged or not I think I will have to give them another call many thanks once again :Smiling: 

Hi furrybelly1979,

We can check this for you.

Please use the link Laura gave above, to send us your details.

Many thanks,

Gemma

well the service we have recived has just gone from bad to worse when I tracked the repair on line it said it was being replced but we have heard nothing more, we asked if the phone could be sent to our home address as its the summer holidays now and our children are off school,one of our children suffers with aspergers syndrome and makes travelling to public places very hard but they said no it has to go back to the shop trying to get to town is gonna be a nightmare with our kids as well but now they are saying they wont repair it as there is no ime on the phone I wasn't aware there was no number on the phone :Sad_face: we have been without my husbands phone since the 21st and they couldn't even be bothered to contact us to say they weren't repairing it im just outraged at the lack of customer service if they weren't going to repair it why wait so long and not even bother to tell us and why put on the track my repair that the phone was being replaced Ive just had enough im already looking else where for our next contract phones this is a joke 

I have tried to reply to the message i was sent but im not too sure how to it said ii have to included my username and a link to my post sorry I have no idea how to do this :Sad_face: 

Your user name is the one you use on the forum: furrybelly1979

A the link to the post can be copied from the browser address bar above.

PWIAC

thanks for that just managed to fill in the online fom feel a bit silly not knowing how to find the link to my post many thanks once again :Smiling: 

You're welcome  :smileyhappy:

PWIAC