Ma7moud

Re: How can i unlock the network on my iphone 4

u sure ????????
Message 201 of 417 (6,026 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

100%

You either need to sell the phone and buy  an unlocked one or accept that you have an expensive iPod.

Message 202 of 417 (6,025 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Ma7moud

Nooooooooooo I cant believe u :smileysad:
i want to unlock my iphone and need help :smileyindifferent:
please help
Message 203 of 417 (6,024 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

[ Edited ]

Hi Ma7moud

As kids, _365_ and DaveCD have previously advised on a number of occasions, the phone would need to be in the UK with a UK SIM card in to complete the unlocking process.

I'm afraid that unless the UK phone is in the UK with a UK SIM card inside that we're unable to help further. Should you be able to return the phone to the UK, please contact us again and we'll be able to help.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 204 of 417 (5,976 Views)
Ma7moud

No comment :smileyindifferent:
u didnt help me ...
Message 205 of 417 (5,962 Views)
MrNeo

First of all, good afternoon to all.

I've read most of this thread and I have a question for the mods:

- I live in Portugal and I want to buy an iPhone 4 from a UK site (http://www.smartfonestore.com/). Since I have a Vodafone PT SIM i thought that a Vodafone UK iPhone would be the best for me and that my SIM would work on the iPhone. After reading most of this thread, I understand that the iPhone has to be unlock despite being Vodafone.

So, before buying the iPhone I have to make sure it is not on some kind of contract and that it is possible for me to unlock it from Vodafone UK (I have friends there and they would apply the unlock code, as long Vodafone provides one)?

Thank you in advance.

Message 206 of 417 (5,594 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi MrNeo

Thanks for your post. if you purchase an iPhone that is locked to Vodafone UK then you would be required to be a Vodafone UK customer either on Pay Monthly or Pay As you Go. It's free to unlock phones for Pay Monthly customers and for Pay as You Go there is a £20 charge.

The unlocking process would need to be completed in the UK before sending the phone to you in Portugal as the phones IMEI is registered in the UK. you can find more information on unlocking your phone here - Unlock Vodafone phone.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 207 of 417 (5,544 Views)
MrNeo

Thank you for your answer Simon. So as long as I buy a Vodafone UK iPhone and one of my friends at the UK inserts a Vodafone UK SIM on it toping it up with £20, I can get it unlocked?

Thank you for you time and patience.
Message 208 of 417 (5,397 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi MrNeo

That’s correct :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Wayne

Message 209 of 417 (5,375 Views)
dein83

Re: How can I unlock the network on my iphone 4

Absolute joke....I got an iPhone 3gs from a friend who recently upgraded, I first called and was told I needed to put a sim in it, which I could buy for 99p from any store, I then found I could get a free sim online, and call back with my IMEI number.  when I recived my sim today, I stuck it in, got my number and called back to unlock! easy! NOPE...I was THEN told I would need to activate the sim, put £20 in and call back, then they would go to apple for the code.  I am getting very irritated by the confusion caused by your call centre goons.  I'm surprised you have any customers still with you.

Kind regards, a very irate o2 customer.

Message 210 of 417 (5,223 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello dein83,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid only the original owner can request for the handset to be unlocked.

Sorry,

Lee

Message 211 of 417 (5,204 Views)
meet

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i had a iphone 4 on vodafone to unlock, vodafone failed to do it and they still deducted £20 from my credit as phone was not on my name, but not all phones are on users name, i explained u guys but no point

had mine done now at (removed - unofficial unlock)

charged £35 and done in 4 days, atleast they delivered what i requested

Message 212 of 417 (5,080 Views)
meet

it was a official unlock

i dont wana post the link again so u dont think i m spamming

but coz vodafone couldnt do it therefore i had to unlock it using stylocom

you guys delayed it , these top guys managed to do it, i can update my phone aswell

Message 213 of 417 (4,993 Views)
Carlo0797

Hi there to all,

Well For some reason there has been no sucess unlocking my iphone 4s since the 23rd of April :smileysad:

Long (very long) story short, I bought the new iphone 4s off a friend who has been a long time VF business customer with 4x iphone 4 handsets.

I bought this handset brand new when his contracts were up. It was a brand new replacement from apple and it hadnt even been activated.

Anyway I bought the phone for my sister as a birthday present. She lives in Italy, but she was coming to the UK to see me. She is on Vodafone in Italy but I needed the 4s unlocking incase she wanted to change carrier in the future.

I bought a VF payg sim and put on some credit, thinking that VF would need to send a code to the phone that needed to be on their network.

Dave, who I bought the phone off has put in numerous requests to unlock the phone. They kept telling us the same.....48Hrs!!!!

Hmmmm.

I must have connected the phone over 50x to itunes only to get the incompatible sim message over and over again.

Dave made 3 visits as well as more calls to 191 and still no unlock.

Friday the 18th involved Dave making phone calls of 3hrs+  to VF.

They have issued ANOTHER request and have said it should be unlocked by Tuesday 22nd May.

After reading all the success and help people have received here, I thought why not ask????

Can anyone please help me?

I have an unlock ref number of 477632 if that will help.

Thank you so much. I have my fingers and toes crossed. :smileyhappy:

Carlo.

Message 214 of 417 (4,963 Views)
Carlo0797

Any body ??? 😞
Message 215 of 417 (4,925 Views)
Carlo0797

Can anyone help me please?
Message 216 of 417 (4,878 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Carlo0797

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

I have asked for an update and will post back here once I have further information.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 217 of 417 (4,869 Views)
Carlo0797

Thank you So much Dave!!! I've been browsing this forum a bit today and I must say, it's a great place!
Some very helpful people :-)

Message 218 of 417 (4,864 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Carlo0797

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am so pleased you like it and if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post.:smileyhappy:

I have just received confirmation that your device has now been unlocked.

The IPhone has now been unlocked – Please replace the SIM (use a SIM which has never been used with this IPhone) and connect to iTunes or perform a software restore via iTunes.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 219 of 417 (4,823 Views)
byt3z

Re: How can i unlock the network on my iphone 4s

[ Edited ]

I've  a close friend Just Came back from Uk after his studies in Jan 2012.. and i recently got an Iphone 4s from him but it seems to be Locked, So i went Throught some Online research on how to unlock and finally it brought me back to vodafone website to unlock. As i've asked my friend he say he bought the pfone from vodafone and its unter a plan which i do not know what it's called.... so i send my IMEI number and His Uk Number to Vodafone and i got back a reply from them saying that :

Dear Customer,

We are unable to view your account details for the mobile number: (removed for customer security) in our database. In that instance we will not be able to process the unlock request for your handset. 

Kindly contact your service provider or account manager to process this unlock request. You can also contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone or 08700 700191 (Vodafone contract) or 08700 776655 (Vodafone Pay as you Talk) from a landline for any further information.

Kind regards,
Megha (surname removed for security)
NUC Resolutions

So is there any other way to unlock it? 
Message 220 of 417 (4,538 Views)