You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: How can i unlock the network on my iphone 4

[ Edited ]

I got a brand new Iphone 4 which is currently locked to Vodaphone!

I am wanting to get it unlocked but i currently do not have a Vodaphone phone plan - Pay as you go or Pay Monthly.

Can i still get the Iphone unlocked?

Message 161 of 419 (12,942 Views)

Hi , i bought an Iphone 4 on PAYG last september, and i am wondering if i could unlock it because i have moved out of the UK ? Anyone here could be of help

Message 162 of 419 (12,779 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

I’m pleased to say that we can unlock any iPhone for you and the process now couldn’t be simpler.

All you need to do is complete the online NUC request form and one of our Network Unlock Code teams will request for the device to be unlocked for you and email you once it has been done.

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short customer feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 163 of 419 (12,763 Views)

Re: How can I unlock the network on my iphone 4

I have the same problem.

My boyfriend gave me his iphone 4 upgrade (which is locked to vodaphone)

Can you please send me an email so i can get the code to unlock this - thanks 

Message 164 of 419 (12,564 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi danielleeeee.

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum family. It’s always a pleasure to see new people around here.:smileyhappy:

If the handset was a new connection, or upgrade, on your boyfriend’s contract, then it will be your boyfriend who will need to request the unlocking code.

There’s no need for any email to be sent out, your boyfriend will just need to complete the online form, and you’ll receive notification once the device has been unlocked.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 165 of 419 (12,549 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

I wouldn't bother with the web form. It appears to be a waste of time.

I have contacted CS tonight after waiting for my unlock code and there is no mention of it on my account (even though I have had the standard email reply from nucresolutions)

They also told me that you need another sim card to be able to unlock the iphone when you connect it to itunes after getting the unlock code. I can't see any mention of that on Vodafone help pages?

Not happy at all, because I required the phone to be unlocked by tomorrow and that obviously isn't going to happen.

Want any other phone than the I-Phone?
Choose a different network
Message 166 of 419 (12,524 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II

You do not get an unlock code for the iPhone.

Once VF has asked Apple to unlock your phone on their database and after Apple process the request  when you connect the phone to iTunes it will confirm it is unlocked.

Apple require a different network sim to that the phone is being unlocked from to complete the unlock. Have you tried connecting to iTunes to see if the unlock is complete?

Message 167 of 419 (12,520 Views)

Where in itunes would it say that it was unlocked?

Thanks in advance.

Message 168 of 419 (12,514 Views)

Once Apple have processed the unlock and you connect you phone to iTunes you will see a message telling you the phone in now unlocked.

The message appears automatically when iTunes recognises your phone you do not have to search anywhere for it but you  do need to use a diffrent sim card to VF to finalise the unlocking.

Message 169 of 419 (12,510 Views)

Can I unlock the phone then from any Itunes enabled pc, or does it have to specifically be through my own Itunes account/pc that it is installed on?

Cheers

Message 170 of 419 (12,485 Views)

You can only sync your iPhone to one computer so it will have to be the computer you normally sync with

UNLESS

You  set up the phone on another computer by restoring the phone as a new phone. But you will lose everything that you have previously backed up on your computer and it will wipe all the info on your phone and then you will be be faced with the same problem when you try to use it again on your current computer.

Message 171 of 419 (12,481 Views)

Cheers, Losing the info doesn't really bother me.

Losing my jailbreak would, but I suppose it's a small price to pay.

Cheers for the help.

Message 172 of 419 (12,477 Views)

Thanks for you help :smileyhappy:

I have now received my NUC which is 302767.
Where do i go from here?? Can you check if my phone is unlocked??

Thank you :smileyhappy: 

Message 173 of 419 (12,453 Views)

What you have is the Vodafone reference number. There is no unlock code for the iPhone.

To check if the unlock has been processed by Apple you need to connect your phone to iTunes, if the phone is unlocked you will see a message pop-up telling you so.

You must then put a non- vodafone sim card in the phone to complete the unlocking process.

Message 174 of 419 (12,449 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi danielleeee.

kids is right.:smileyhappy:

What you have is the reference number for the request, not an unlock code.

The device is unlocked remotely by Apple, normally within a 72 hour SLA. You will receive an email notification when this is completed, and you just need to connect to iTunes thereafter to complete the process.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team 

Message 175 of 419 (12,419 Views)

hello , i need some help,

i have a iphone 4 on contract and i took it into the vodafone shop and they said there working to unlock my phone but i thought someone said that it cant be unlocked on a contract so please can some one who has had a contract unlocked tell me because i really need to know that it can be unlocked  

Message 176 of 419 (11,346 Views)

davyee wrote:

hello , i need some help,

i have a iphone 4 on contract and i took it into the vodafone shop and they said there working to unlock my phone but i thought someone said that it cant be unlocked on a contract so please can some one who has had a contract unlocked tell me because i really need to know that it can be unlocked  

------------------

The phone can be unlocked whilst in contract, but you do still have to honour the terms of the contract.

You need to complete the unlock request form: http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/

Message 177 of 419 (11,342 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear Forum Team,

Hi hope you all ok. Merry Christmas. I have iphone but it is locked and i am in overseas cos i have holidays now. As u said i have registered and ask for unlock my phone and received this message

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have submitted request for Unlocking your handset & reference number for the same is 372012.

Kind regards,      

Birju
NUC Resolutions"

can u explain me what does it mean? Is that mean that my iphone is unlocked now or not? Am i need to wait for another message?

Pls teach me...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Message 178 of 419 (9,927 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

Hi dovlet_306

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.:smileyhappy:

An NUC code is requested by us and it is provided by the manufacturer, once you have this email it shows the request has been made and you will receive further communication with the NUC code and instructions on the next steps.

Let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 179 of 419 (9,894 Views)

hello please check if my iphone unlocked or not

Unlock Code Request Form [#8431359]

please help me :smileysad:
thank u
Message 180 of 419 (9,345 Views)