You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
new344
Accepted Solution

How long does it take to unlock an iphone 4?

On sunday, i filled out a request form for a network unlock code. 
I still havnt recieved it 4 days later.

i rang up earlier and they said it should get it in two days from now

should it take this long?

can you give it to me now?
as i cancelled my old phone and now i am without a phone because i thought i would get the code earlier

thanks

Message 1 of 9 (12,683 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Re: How long does it take to unlock an iphone 4?

[ Edited ]

Once Vodafone have accepted your unlock request they ask Apple to unlock the phone. It can take Apple up to ten working days to do this. You will not get an email from Apple or Vodafone telling you the unlock is complete.

As there is no unlock code for the iPhone you need to put a non Vodafone sim in the phone and connect it to iTunes each day until you see the message in iTunes that it is unlocked.

Message 2 of 9 (12,669 Views)
new344

okay thankyuo very much!

the thing is, i got a new sim delivered, that is a micro sim with anormal size sim around it if you understand me?

so when i can use my iphone, i snap off the big bit of the sim...

but i dont want to try it with my itunes, and then not be able to use a phone because i only have a small sim that wont fit in my old phone ;S

Message 3 of 9 (12,660 Views)
kids

If you do not want to use your new sim until the unlock is complete you can buy a PAYG sim card from any non Vodafone  network and use that to connect to ITunes and then when it is unlocked switch it to your new sim.

Message 4 of 9 (12,653 Views)
kennylai

i had receive the email that my iphone was unlock and ask me to connect to iTunes or perform a software restore via iTunes. When i connect to itune, do i need to wait for the unlock message prompt out or i just restore my software will be done?

Message 5 of 9 (11,723 Views)
ljc476

Hi. I topped up a vodafone pay as you go last thursday ( so 8 days ago ) and heard nothing after filling out the form the same day. i have been checking my credit and i still have the £20 meaning it wont have been looked at by anyone yet? i rang up vodafone and they could not give me an answer and to wait. i have got an email and ref number so i assume it has gone through? but im just worried im waiting for nothing.

Message 6 of 9 (4,592 Views)
kids

Generally it takes Vodafone three days to process the request and submit it to Apple. After that it can take Apple 7-21 days to process the unlock.

You will not get an email telling you it is unlocked, you can check it by putting a non Vodafone sim in the phone and connecting to iTunes, if it is unlocked you will see a message telling you so.

You can also post the reference# in your email from Vodafone and one of the team will be able to check the status of your unlock request from Vodafones end for you.
Message 7 of 9 (4,589 Views)
ljc476

thank you very much for quick help. I asked by phone and everyone seemed abit confused by what I was asking at vodafone.so to confirm: I can reply to the email I got from Vodafone telling me they had my form and they will tell me the status of my phone unlock.

by me still having £20 top up after 8days I was a little worried that anyone had sorted it at all
Message 8 of 9 (4,582 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi ljc476,

So we can see what’s happening, please contact the team here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 9 (4,482 Views)