Support:

Unlocking (NUC)

Ask a question:
Tech Team
Ben_H

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 unlock code

Hi folks,

nickholl - You can find our FAQ's for the NUC process here. As you can see there's no mention of any 3 month grace period but we'll be happy to look into your request further if it's not available. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here.

bradholmes - some handsets are sold or provided without a SIM lock on them. You can test another network SIM in your phone to test to see if you even need an NUC. If you haven't got a Vodafone line with us, just use your current contact details instead in the template we have provided. :smileywink:

filpa1969 - I'm afraid only the original owner of the handset can request an NUC. This is detailed in our NUC guide here. If neither of you are the original owners of the device, I'd recommend seeking support from the retailer you got it from. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 61 of 283 (4,762 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
bradholmes

myhandset is a contract handset given to my by a faimly member who has an account who has repeatidly called through to customer services and we have recieived 2 nuc codes but niether have worked the handset has been taken in to store of purchase and we was told to contact customer services which we have done, all vodafone seem to be doing is not taking charge of this situation i was a voadofne customer for 7 years and left last year and im glad that i have left because i would be seriously concerned if i had my business contracts with you.

Message 62 of 283 (4,753 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi bradholmes

I'm sorry to see you're having problems getting your handset unlocked. I'm afraid only the original phone owners can request the Network Unlock Code.

I've sent you instructions on how the owner can reach my team here so we can help further :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 63 of 283 (5,236 Views)
MelSach

Hi

I have been having the same problem with my Nokia 520 that I bought in July. Unlocking online was unsuccessful and I kept getting told they couldn't verify my email address or some such rubbish. In the end I went to Vodafone shop enfield and the advisor there processed the request and I paid the fee with my debit card in shop. The advisor told me that I would get an email in 4-5 days with the code. After waiting over a week I had no email so I returned to Voda shop in Enfield and another advisor gave me a printout of how to unlock and the code. I had a 3 SIM card with me so I decided to try whilst I was still in the shop. Incorrect pin it said and after trying again Sim error!! I told the advisor it wasn't working and he said there was nothing he could do and I had to call Vodafone.

I tried calling Vodafone and when I finally got through to the 0870 number (free numbers were not working!), I had to hold 45 minutes before speaking to an advisor and after talking to him some 10 minutes, he pute on hold and hung up!! I could not get through after.
What absolute atrocious service. I went to the Vodafone shop in Stratford and the lady I saw said she was resending request and I would hear from Voda in 4-5days. It's been 7 and I haven't heard a thing!

Someone help please! And it's been over 3 months now! 😭
Message 64 of 283 (4,804 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi MelSach,

So we can take a look at what’s happened and get this sorted for you, please contact the team here.

James

Message 65 of 283 (4,729 Views)
dedekjr

Re: unlocking lumia 520 sim error

I have the same problem as above.

What should I do?

Message 66 of 283 (4,981 Views)
Tech Team
LeeJS

[ Edited ]

Hi dedekjr,

So we can help you further with this, take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Lee

Message 67 of 283 (4,915 Views)
Sarah_AO

Unlocking Lumia 520, NUC is not working

Hi,

I requested and received my unlock code from vodafone but no luck with the unlocking of my phone. At start up I got the message 'this sim card can only be used on specific networks, contact your customer service center for the unlock code.' I input the unlock code and got error message I tried again and got a sim error message. this has been going on for about a week, help please!

Message 68 of 283 (4,156 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: Unlocking Lumia 520, NUC is not working

Hi there

Try entering the unlock code whilst your Vodafone SIM card is in the phone. As far as I am aware the phone needs to be on the Vodafone at the time you enter the code.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 69 of 283 (4,154 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi Sarah_AO, 

I've replied to your post here

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 70 of 283 (4,089 Views)
Sarah_AO

HI,

Isn't that a bit impossible there is no option to put in the unlock code? Perhaps you can describe how to go about it..

Message 71 of 283 (4,068 Views)
Jakosaur

I have a similar issue. Can you help me?

Message 72 of 283 (4,624 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Jakosaur,

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben

Message 73 of 283 (4,595 Views)
paulikov

Hello,

I bought Nokia Lumia 520 3 months ago. I got the unlock code, but it doesn´t work. I wrote to vodafone, but someone on chat answered that I have to call to customer service. I called +44 7836 191 919 and  it referred me to vodafone web side. What should I do now? 

Veronika 

Message 74 of 283 (4,226 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi paulikov,

So we can take a closer look at this, please contact the team using the details here.

James

Message 75 of 283 (4,212 Views)
Lumia

I have the same problem, how's this possible???

Message 76 of 283 (4,283 Views)
elizaeli

HI,

I've just tried to unlock my phone after waiting for 3 weeks using the following instruction and it didn't work!:

"Further to your communication with Vodafone regarding the unlocking of your Nokia Lumia handset, I have set out the following procedure and unlocking code:

• Switch the phone off
• Insert a non-Vodafone SIM Card into the phone
• Switch the phone on and enter  SIM card PIN code if requested
• Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
• Type in the 6******************** (20 digits) and press “enter”."

Can you please check why the code is not working?

Message 77 of 283 (4,143 Views)
Lumia

Nokia Lumia 520 unlock with NUC

Hello, I have a nokia 520 and I received an unlock code by email from nucresolutions, but the phone doesn't unlock,it says that the code is wrong

Message 78 of 283 (4,234 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Lumia

Get in touch here so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 79 of 283 (4,226 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi elizaeli

We'll need you to get in touch here so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 80 of 283 (4,129 Views)