Support:

Unlocking (NUC)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ricco81
Accepted Solution

Unlock iPhone 4S

Hello,

Yesterday I requested NUC for my brand new iPhone 4S through web form - ref. no. 7881582. Today I got following answer:

"Dear Customer,

We are unable to request free NUC for PAYT mobile number 07909694066 within 12 months from the connection date. This will be charged at £ 19.99.

..."

I answered that's fine and asked to charge and process the NUC.

So far my account hasn't been charged yet (my account is topped-up with sufficient amount of credit).

What's the next then ? When will they charge my account and when could I expect the NUC ?

Thank you for help.

Message 1 of 73 (25,725 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

The charge is levied when Vodafone process the request.

Once Vodafone have asked Apple to unlock the phone it takes around 4 days for the process to be completed, you need to connect the phone to iTunes to complete the unlock.

Message 2 of 73 (25,638 Views)
ricco81

Thank you for response.

I understand I need to keep the credit at least £19.99 until Vodafone charges the for the service.

Will wait then and update.

Message 3 of 73 (25,635 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Stagpole

I got a new iPhone 4s White 64gb from Three. Bought it in store and paid £15 there and then to get it unlocked. Was told to do a restore in iTunes and it would take between 24 - 48hrs for Apple to unlock. Waited around 36hrs, restored in iTunes and got the iPhone Unlocked Message" No probs at all. Maybe Vodafone do take 4 days, don't understand why though???

Also if you ever consider buying a iPad 2 and want it or need it unlocked, stay away from Vodafone!!! They don't and won't do it. They just blatantly refuse.

Message 4 of 73 (25,553 Views)
ricco81

Got an email explaining that in case of PAYT I need to call customer service.

After doing it, they debited credit from my account and specified time when I should expect an unlock and another email containing details of further procedure.

Will update after I get it.

Message 5 of 73 (25,515 Views)
ricco81

My iPhone 4S has been unlocked next day after Vodafone debited my account - in less than 24 hours. It's quite good, isn't it ?

Thank you for smooth and fast action from Vodafone.

Message 6 of 73 (25,438 Views)
stanley1111

Hello i just  have a monthly contract for iphone 4s .

I wish to unlock it and to use another  non Vodafone sim cart in the same time but Vodafone told me that they will not unlock my ihone 4s during the first 12 months even if I pay £ 19.99.

Why they do not do that?

Three unlock their iphone 4s if you pay.

Advice me what to do and what are my rights.

Thanks in advance 

Message 7 of 73 (24,495 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi stanley1111,

If you have a contract with us then we can unlock the handset free of charge.

To do this all you need to do is fill in the online request form and our Network Unlock Team will do the rest. :smileywink:

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 73 (24,353 Views)
aaron1

hi

i have a iphone 4s locked to the vodaphone network in the uk.

i have taken it to australia.

three have asked me to get in touch with vodafone uk.

does anyone know the process for people who need phones unlocking from abroad?

I also have no sim.

thanks for your speedy response as the helpdesk is always busy. 

Message 9 of 73 (22,124 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi aaron1,

With the iPhone, it doesn't matter where you are - the update takes place directly through iTunes when you connect with a new SIM in the handset.

All you need to do is request the NUC using our online form.

How do I get the Network Unlock Code (NUC) for my phone online?

If I've been of any help today, please leave a little feedback for me.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 73 (22,027 Views)
Tracy_tt

Hello, I have signed up a 24 months contract with vodafone last month and got an iphone 4s with this contract. However, my work requires me to travel to other countries from time to time and so I wish to unlock my iphone 4s. May I know the procedure to do this and how much is the charges incurred please?

Message 11 of 73 (21,389 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Tracy_tt and welcome to the eForum

All information on how to obtain your NUC can be found on the link above in Dave’s post. You’ll be able to get this unlocked for free if you are on contract.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 12 of 73 (21,211 Views)

Hi

I have sent 3 requests to the NUC for unlocking an Iphone 4s, i keep getting the same reply:

Dear Customer,

We are unable to request Number Unlocking Code for mobile number 078***********. Your account details are not updated, kindly contact customer care on 191 to update contact details and for further assistance. You need to update your account name, e mail id, IMEI of the handset etc. 

Each time i contact 191 and they confirm that my details are all correct on the system and that there should be no problem.

The last lady said that she would send the request through for me Ref: 426218 and i would be emailed within 24 hours, 48+ hours and i am still waiting.

My girlfriend is on 3, she made 1 telephone call and hey presto she was unlocked within 48 hours, Itunes verified.

PLS PLS PLS help

Andrew

Message 13 of 73 (18,414 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi 1707

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

So I can check your details on all our systems I have sent you a Private Message and all you need to do is follow the instructions and we will be in touch.

You can find your PM inbox here.

I have queried your reference with our Network Unlock Team to see if we have any information however it is Apple that provide this.

Have you tried connecting your device to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM?

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 14 of 73 (18,355 Views)

Hi Dave

I have no pm's from you. I did how ever get a reply back from NUCResolutions and surprise surprise it was the same message again saying I am not on the database and to contact 191.

Called 191 again who again (4 times now) say I am on the database and everything is up today's.

Seems like the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing, am now very very frustrated.

cheers
Andrew
Message 15 of 73 (18,260 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi 1707,

I have sent you another PM this morning, please let me know if you still have not received it.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 16 of 73 (18,249 Views)

Hi James

I have replied via email as requested in the pm.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 17 of 73 (18,202 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi 1707

I have just recieved information from our Network Unlock Team and they have confirmed that the IMEI on the request form is incorrect and that the application has failed.

Please can you enter *#06# and resubmit the form with this IMEI.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 18 of 73 (18,195 Views)

Hi Daves

Thats how i got the IMEI number is the first place.

It also matched the number on the box too, it also the same IMEI that 191 confirmed was sent to me.

I'm now confused.

Andrew

Message 19 of 73 (18,188 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi 1707,

I can see you have spoken to Jenny a little earier today regarding this.

I'm sure we can get this sorted for you.

Dave

Message 20 of 73 (18,123 Views)