Support:

Unlocking (NUC)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sobia

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

hi,

i got my new iphone 4s with monthly  i want to unlock it bc i m going aborad so i can use local sim

plz let me know

thanks

Message 21 of 73 (8,386 Views)
Rank 35: Scholar IV
grolschuk

Hi sobia.

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

While still in the UK, it should be as simple as filling in this form
http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/
Waiting for it to be processed, then plugging your iPhone into iTunes to get it unlocked.
Message 22 of 73 (8,385 Views)
MarcoPedrosa

Posted from Facebook
Hi Unlocking an Iphone 4S via Vodafone will void the phone's warranty? Some stores says yes but unsure... Please advice
Message 23 of 73 (8,272 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

MarcoPedrosa wrote:
Hi Unlocking an Iphone 4S via Vodafone will void the phone's warranty? Some stores says yes but unsure... Please advice

If you complete the unlock form http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/ the phone will be  officially unlocked by Apple and it will not affect the warranty.

You do need to be the original owner of the phone if is a contract phone or pay £20 if it is a PAYG phone.

Message 24 of 73 (8,269 Views)
marshh

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4S, upgraded on a Vodafone UK contract earlier this year.  I am currently using a Vodafone PAYG SIM in it because I am working abroad and therefore using it infrequently.  I need to put a Vodafone Italy SIM in the phone so I can use the phone whilst I am away.

I filled in the unlock form on the website and got the following response:

"We are unable to verify your email address with our records as it is not updated in our database. Also, the IMEI number provided by you does not match with our records and in that case we will not be able to process your request. To update these details and process the unlock request, kindly contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone"

I called 191 to ask them to unlock my phone.  I was told by the advisor that I can only unlock my phone by going into a UK store.  This is obviously impossible given that I am in Italy - I will not be returning to the UK until the end of May.

Please can you help?

Many thanks

Message 25 of 73 (8,233 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi marshh

Thanks for your post. We'll be able to assist with the unlocking process, however as the phone was originally registered in the UK with a UK network the process wouldn't complete whilst you're in Italy as the IMEI shows as being used in that country.

With an iPhone the process requires to be completed by plugging your device into iTunes with a non-Vodafone UK SIM card. If you try and complete the process whilst connected to an Italian network the process will fail and you'll need to wait until you return to the UK.

This may be where you're finding difficulty and unfortunately there is no way around this process.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 26 of 73 (8,223 Views)
paulzed

Hi there,

I have iphone 4s which is currently locked to vodaphone Portugal, but now I work in the UK. Can VF UK unlock the handset considering i buy a PAYG card (and pay the 20 pound fee)?

what would you propose that i do?

Message 27 of 73 (7,990 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi paulzed

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from myself and the team.

Unfortunately you would need to contact Vodafone Portugal in order to get this device unlocked as we can only request devices that we have sold or are registered with Vodafone UK to be unlocked as the IMEI will not have been registered in the UK.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 28 of 73 (7,922 Views)
ollie31770

I've requested a NUC from Vodafone over e-mail and live chat. It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything.

Could a mod please look it to this for me?  [#8844862]

Thanks

Message 29 of 73 (7,402 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there ollie31770,

Thanks for your post.

Generally, the tracking code is a six digit number. The reference you've provided us with is the email tracking reference. Do you have the request reference at all?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 30 of 73 (7,363 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
DrSteve

[ Edited ]

I'm on monthly contract with Vodafone and yesterday went into my local store as I fancied a change. They bought my Galaxy S2 off me and swapped my sim over to an iPhone which I bought instore, so no change to the contract just using a Vodafone iPhone instead. So my question is where this can be unlocked for free as I'm a contract customer or will it cost £20 since the phone started life as a PAYG phone. Thanks.

Message 31 of 73 (7,325 Views)
SouthRapid

HELP!!!

I've now tried 3 times to unlock my iPhone 4S 16Gb on contract and keep getting the same annoying email back!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

We are unable to verify your IMEI number as it is not updated in our database. To update these details and process the unlock request, kindly contact the Helpline by calling 191 from your mobile phone or 08700 700191 (Vodafone contract) or 08700 776655 (Vodafone Pay as you Talk) from a landline.

We cannot process the unlocking request if customer has not completed 15 days from the activation date with Vodafone UK services.

Kindly apply your request after completion of 15 days with Vodafone UK services.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I've just logged another one today:

Unlock Code Request Form [#8884463]

Please help me resolve this, I've had this phone now for the past 2 months.

Message 32 of 73 (7,307 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi DrSteve

Good question! In all honesty we're not too sure so I've contacted our NUC Resolutions team to double check this for you. As soon as I have a response which will be early next week I'll be in touch.

Hi SouthRapid

Thanks for your post. Please could you contact our team directly with the details of the NUC request and your IMEI number and we'll be in touch. I've sent a private message to you with the details of how to contact us.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Message 33 of 73 (7,279 Views)
SouthRapid

Simon, I've sent the details across now with the NUC references :smileyhappy:
Message 34 of 73 (7,272 Views)
mottflame

Re NUC 8868213

I have just been told by Customer Services that my phone cannot be unlocked for 90 days This apears to directly contradict previous posts Whats going on?!?

Message 35 of 73 (7,224 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi mottflame,

I'm unsure as to why you were advised this.

The code you have provided is not a valid NUC reference, so have you submitted a request form a network unlock as yet?

If not, you can do this via our online network unlock request form.

If you have already requested this, follow the directions in the PM I've sent and we'll be happy to get that looked into for you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Message 36 of 73 (7,164 Views)
mottflame

Thanks for your reply The no was taken from an email received from NUC After a further attempt by David @the Kilmarnock caller centre who sent an email to NUC on my behalf my phone is finally unlocked Hallelujah !

Message 37 of 73 (7,161 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi DrSteve

Thanks for your patience whilst I've been waiting for a reply.

I can confirm that if you purchase a phone on PAYG and use it on a Pay Monthly agreement that there is no charge for the unlock request.

You can request your Network Unlock Code (NUC) here - NUC Request Form.

Thanks

Simon

Message 38 of 73 (7,129 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
DrSteve

Thanks Simon, good to know.
Message 39 of 73 (7,089 Views)
SouthRapid

Thanks to all involved, received my confirmation email that my devices are unlocked :smileyhappy:
Message 40 of 73 (7,066 Views)