You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rkdv
Accepted Solution

Unlock iPhone 5s

Hello, how i can unlock iPhone 5s buyed from uk people and block with vodafone uk?

Message 1 of 28 (8,735 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
grolschuk

Re: Unlock iPhone 5s

To request an unlock follow this link, the original owner will need to provide their details so that vodafone can check their records.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/index.htm

As the phone has only been out for a week, I am not sure if Apple will be accepting unlock requests yet.

Message 2 of 28 (8,725 Views)
rkdv

Unlock -> because i can't use other network in italy. IMEI Is clear and isn't in blacklist.

please help me =)

Message 3 of 28 (8,723 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

More info on unlocking an iPhone form Vodafone can be found here

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 4 of 28 (8,692 Views)
Thrashunreal

I've also had issues saying that my IMEI cannot be verified when I send in the request. After double checking everything it appears all the details I sent were correct and after a look on the forums it appears that this is a recurring issue for vodafone. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks.
Message 5 of 28 (8,391 Views)
Nabs

[ Edited ]

Whats the IMEI on your account?

You can check this by calling 191 and asking one of the support reps to confirm

Nabs

Message 6 of 28 (8,381 Views)
Thrashunreal

I'm not certain which IMEI is held for my account, I would nominally have assumed it would be for the handset they have sent? I'll give them a call and hopefully get it sorted. Many thanks.
Message 7 of 28 (8,375 Views)
Nabs

It usually would be the handset you have purchased however with big launches such as the iPhone it's not ben unheard of for some accounts to be missed or the system not updated correctly.

191 should be able to tell you what device is listed on your account and if required update it with your new device.

On a side note, i'm not sure if Apple are processing unlocks for the 5S yet given that it's only been out a week so you might have to wait more than the usual 10 days for them to process it.

Nabs

Message 8 of 28 (8,373 Views)
Thrashunreal

After calling I'm even more confused, apparently the IMEI is fine, however they won't unlock it for three months (the chap sounded extremely sketchy with the details) which is unusual as I've not had this with previous iPhones and if I do however want to submit another unlock request it has to be done in a store as they can't do it over the phone? Would really appreciate some input if possible from a member of the tech team to confirm this for me.
Message 9 of 28 (8,316 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
grolschuk

I'd wait for an official answer, but seem to recall previous apple handsets at launch had to wait a period of time before unlocks would/could be procced by them.

Apply again through the online form, and if you get the same answer, then I'd imagine VF are not being allowed to pass requests onto Apple.

Why sign up to a network to get a subsidised handset, locked to the network, and expect it to be unlocked within a week to use elsewhere?

Buy one direct from apple and problem solved.

Message 10 of 28 (8,302 Views)
Thrashunreal

I've just never had the problem before, and the differential information was just slightly annoying. I use my phone in the States with work on a local carrier every couple of months to avoid the ridiculous international data charges as it works out a hell of a lot cheaper.
Message 11 of 28 (8,297 Views)
Thrashunreal

Re: Unable to get iPhone 5s unlocked

Hi Sukhi,

I've had the same problem, I requested my handset to be unlocked and got an email back saying the IMEI was unable to be verified etc, I resubmitted the form but haven't yet had a response (since Monday). I did try calling customer services on Wednesday who told me I had to wait three months? Never had this issue in the past. Any chance you could help? Thanks.
Message 12 of 28 (8,267 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi Thrashunreal,

Thanks for posting.

Please click here to send us your details and we'll update your account.

Don't forget to include the IMEI in your email :smileywink:

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 13 of 28 (8,199 Views)
volmer

i'm facing the same problem. I'm in the US for work, and i'll stay here for two months and  using a local sim card to avoid  expensive international calling  rates. My IPhone 5s is still locked to Vodafone Network, therefore, i'm being forced to use a dumb phone. I've sent an unlocking request to vodafone 3 days ago and i didn't receive an answer yet.Can you please help me out? 

As you can guess, i'm dying to use my new Iphone 5S and will be looking forward to hearing good news from you in a near future.

Best Wishes,

Evandro

Message 14 of 28 (8,131 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Evandro,

We'll be happy to see if your application reached us successfully. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :smileyhappy:

It's also worthwhile checking your spam or junk folders just in case our email responses have been mis-directed by your inbox. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 15 of 28 (8,075 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
redsanta

Hi Ben,

I am having a similar problem. My IME is not recognised. Can you also contact me please. 

Regards

Message 16 of 28 (7,990 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi redsanta,

We'll be happy to help.:smileytongue:

You can find out how to contact us here.

Cheers

Ian

Message 17 of 28 (7,916 Views)
Badbwoytee

Hi I placed a request to unlock my iphone 5s #4804361 . Got a mail back saying that they can't recognise my account. I'm on pay as you go . Then now asked to call vodafone who then tell me to fill out another form.

Think I'm going round in circles ????

Just want my phone unlocked. Very upset need help
Message 18 of 28 (7,847 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Badbwoytee

Pop me your details here and we'll take a closer look at your account :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 19 of 28 (7,772 Views)
misterwasp

Ive been waiting to get my iPhone 5s unlocked ages.
Nuc 6027327, got email last week saying would be 19.99 charge to which I replied Ok, the price was on the request page so no need for the delay anyway but a week on since the email and nothing. Sick
Message 20 of 28 (4,572 Views)