Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone have blocked my iPhone

Sharonmcneil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Since the 2 July I've been unable to use my iPhone. Initially vodafone told me via text on 10 June that there was engineering work in my area which would affect my phone for a few days at some point over the next 6 weeks.

I contacted Vodafone around 7 July to advise I still had no signal. I was told that coverage was still down in my area but my phone would be working within a few days.

I contacted vodafone again around 11 July and was told once more that the engineers were having problems in my area but that service would be resumed soon.

I went on holiday on 20 July and my phone still didn't work. Upon return on 28 July I contacted Vodafone and was advised that my phone had been blacklisted and that the phone had been stolen. I explained that I bought the phone direct from Vodafone in October 2013 on a pay monthly contract and have always had the phone - how could it have been stolen? I have always had the phone and used it with no problems. I was told that the phone would be working again within 72 hours.

The problem persisted so I contacted Vodafone again and went through the whole scenario again and was told the problem would be resolved within 24hours. 36 hours later and I still have a phone that doesn't work.

Can anyone help resolve this for me?

And can someone provide me with contact details for Vodafone to enable me to make a subject access request?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

From what I understand, removing the blacklist on a phone is slightly more complex than putting it on which could explain why it is taking a while to do. One of the eForum Team will be able to help you get this sorted out and will be along in the next 24 - 48 hours to send you detailed instructions on how to get in touch.  

If you would like to see what personal information Vodafone hold on you, it will cost you £10 and you will find the details of how to do that in the last paragraph on this page.  There is also a link to the request form that you will need to complete.

PWIAC

Hi Sharonmcneil,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Thanks.

I have sent the email.

Hi Sharonmcneil, 

We've received your email and one of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Kay