Support:

Unlocking (NUC)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
deniadaz
Accepted Solution

iPhone 4 Unlock

Hi

I have recently heard that I can now have my contract iPhone 4 unlocked, please can you confirm this and help me get it unlocked!

There seems to be many conflicting reports around saying many different things, so please can you clarify the current policy, and help me with my unlock.

Kind Regards

Darren

Message 1 of 265 (25,211 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: iPhone 4 Unlock

Hiya, iphones can be unlocked now foc if they are postpay, and I think free of charge if over 12 months on Prepay (£19.99 if they are inside one year or Prepay)

Message 2 of 265 (25,189 Views)
deniadaz

Thanks!!

Is the an online for I can use to contact them in order to do this, or is it automatic? The unlocking part of there website still says iPhones cannot be unlocked!

Message 3 of 265 (25,182 Views)
deniadaz

Hi Please can someone confirm this as I have just been told by customer services that on contract my iPhone 4 cannot be unlocked! Seems very contrary! Please Help! Darren
Message 4 of 265 (25,012 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi deniadaz,

I can see that you've asked a similar query on this thread here, where you've provided a greater amount of information. As I've already logged the other thread to be looked at by the team, we'll post our response there so that we don't duplicate the information.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

Message 5 of 265 (25,009 Views)
deniadaz

Hi Andy Any help will be gladly received! Seems other people have managed it, and the policy appears to have only recently been amended?? Darren
Message 6 of 265 (24,998 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

[ Edited ]

Hi deniadaz,

Thanks for posting, I can confirm that we are definitely able to unlock Contract iPhones, details of how to arrange this can be found here: Network Unlock Codes.

If you're experiencing difficulties then please reply to the email I've just sent you and we'll be able to arrange this for you.

George

eForum Team

Message 7 of 265 (24,974 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
InspiringTechn

Hi George

When i called to vodafofone customer service they said that they can not unlock iphone untill i finish my commitment, very confusing answers. could you clarify,,

thank you

Message 8 of 265 (24,772 Views)
deniadaz

Hi

Yes I keep getting conflicting information, and am getting a little tired of it to be honest.

Just yesterday they told me it cannot be unlocked, then i pointed out they are incorrect, and then recived another apology, saying it can now unlocked and is in procees, however they keep refering to the NUC, which would not work with an iPhone, as from what I am aware, Apple send an activation to the mobile via iTunes!

I would like to know the status of my unlock please my refrence is  

Please can one of the admins, post the correct procedure to unlock the iphone 4, and what happens next?! is it confusing on purpose????

Message 9 of 265 (24,744 Views)
InspiringTechn

So far... Vodafone will not request apple to unlock i phones unless pay & go (where fee is apply) or end of contract period (pay monthly ).

This mean we can not use iphone when we go to abroad unless put on roaming.
Message 10 of 265 (24,728 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
gkaloy10

Chaps, I called up on Friday, and it is now unlocked. End of. I'm in contract until March next year also!
Message 11 of 265 (24,703 Views)
shibbyknibby

They should send you a blank sim card which you put in your handset then plug into iTunes. Should unlock the phone...

Message 12 of 265 (24,701 Views)
InspiringTechn

Not correct , In order to unlock iphone , Vodafone need to request apple to unlock certain (IMEI Number) phone , then apple will unlock via i Tunes, this is the legitimate way to get unlocked.
Message 13 of 265 (24,689 Views)
gkaloy10

Correct, I unlocked my iphone 3G with o2 last year. All you need to do is put a different sim card in the phone and sync in itunes. If this doesnt work. Restore and activate. This will display a message in itunes saying your phone is unlocked
Message 14 of 265 (24,667 Views)
girlinmysoup

Hi,

Just wondered if one needs to be online while connected to itunes for the unlocking to take effect? I have just restored my iphone 4 on itunes without internet connection and it hasnt unlocked the phone with non Vodafone sim. Please help. Vexed with this problem of getting iphone 4 unlocked!

Message 15 of 265 (24,653 Views)
InspiringTechn

Indeed, need internet connection to take affect (need to connect via internet to get apple message ) apple will only send message to your i tunes when i tunes deduct your phone IMEI number.
when you connected you don`t need to do anything, it will automatically unlocked.
Message 16 of 265 (24,648 Views)
gkaloy10

YOu need to be online, the signal to unlock comes direct from apples database.
Message 17 of 265 (24,647 Views)
InspiringTechn

I have got confirmation from Vodafone that 

"As per process we are unable to take request for unlocking code for customers in commitment for i phone handset"

In this case better to buy Iphone from apple store and get sim only deal (12 month contract)

Message 18 of 265 (24,574 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi guys,

I can confirm that we are definitely able to unlock iPhones, even if you're still in Contract. Previously we didn't do this, however this changed a few months back now.

As it stands, it's free to unlock an iPhone unless it was purchased on PAYG less than 12 months ago, in which case it would be £19.99. The link in my previous post explains how to go about arranging an unlock code. The actual process of unlocking an iPhone is slightly different to other phones though. For other phones we request an NUC from the manufacturer. Once received, this can then be entered into the phone. For iPhones, we follow the same process, however there is no NUC, the iPhone will simply be unlocked when connected to iTunes once the unlock has been enabled.

InspiringTechn, I notice you've been having difficulty getting your iPhone unlocked. If you reply to the email I've just sent you, then we'll be able to arrange this for you.

George

eForum Team

Message 19 of 265 (24,564 Views)
InspiringTechn

Thank you for your very clear message, I am very excited with George`s reply and email,
Now i believe that this forum really works , i recommend to all fellow Vodafone customers to join here to get very clear information and rapid response.
Message 20 of 265 (24,547 Views)