You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

iPhone 5 unlock request.

Hello I have now submitted 2 carrier unlock requests for both iPhone 5's on my account but have not received any confirmation emails and the phones are still locked to Vodafone, it would be nice for my request to actually be acknowledged and processed as I would like to be able to use my phones abroad with a local sim.

Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 5 (917 Views)
Rank 11: Helper V

Re: iPhone 5 unlock request.

Hello,

Sorry your iPhone's have not been unlocked yet, Dont worry, it will be unlocked, Sometimes it can take a while to get unlocked. Not sure of the UK time frame but in Ireland it is anything up to 10 working day's.

Have you tried to unlock your phone through iTunes?

In regards to the confirmation email for unlock request, Dont worry - No one receives the confirmation of request. :smileyhappy:

You could also try re-submitting it again.

If the above information has helped you please click the Thumbs up. If it has solved your question please click "Problem Solved".
Message 2 of 5 (916 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbury2,

The requests are currently taking around 10 working days to be completed.

When did you send the requests through to us?

If you place another network SIM in the phone and perform a restore by connecting it to iTunes, do you get the message to say they’re unlocked?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 5 (905 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hi James,

I first filled out the form at the beginning of February but no luck so I again filled it out at the beginning of March.

Yes I've tried with a different sim via iTunes but am given the same message, it even updated to iOS 7.1 and updated carrier settings to the new 16.1 Vodafone UK.
Message 4 of 5 (860 Views)
Gemma
Topics: 13
Solutions: 29

Hi Rbury2,

So that we can chase this up for you, please click here to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma

Message 5 of 5 (823 Views)