Support:

Unlocking (NUC)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Donna93
Accepted Solution

iphone 4 unlock

hi was wondering could you help me.

i got an iphone 4 as a gift, but the person that bought me it didnt know it was vodaphone,this was unwanted upgrade i was wondering is there any way that vodaphone can unlock the phone for me...

please help me :smileysad:

thanks

Message 1 of 68 (41,736 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Re: iphone 4 unlock

The only person that can request the unlock is the person to who the phone was supplied as part of their contract.

Is it possible to request the original seller (if it was their upgrade) to request the unlock on your behalf?

Message 2 of 68 (41,665 Views)
Donna93

i still have the person email address. how do i go about doing it and can it be done online?

thanks

Donna

Message 3 of 68 (41,658 Views)
Donna93

i still have the person email address. how do i go about doing it and can it be done online?

thanks

Donna
Message 4 of 68 (41,638 Views)
kids

Send the person this link;

http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/

to the unlock form and ask them to complete it online.

When they have received the confirmation from Vodafone it generally takes 3-4 days for Apple to process the unlock and when you connect the phone to iTunes you will se the unlock confirmation. You then need to put a non VF sim in the phone to complete the unlock process.

Message 5 of 68 (41,631 Views)
Donna93

thank you :smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 68 (41,626 Views)
Donna93

so i send them the link and they full in it? and does VF mean a non vodaphone sim?

thanks so much for the help
Message 7 of 68 (41,624 Views)
kids

The link takes them to the form which they complete.

And yes sorry VF means Vodafone, so use any other network's sim to complete the unlocking process.

Message 8 of 68 (41,620 Views)
Donna93

does the sim need to be in the phone as soon as the form is filled out? just the only other micro sim i have is my o2 one which i need to use.

Message 9 of 68 (41,616 Views)
Donna93

okay i contacted the person and they said that was no problem they would do it but they dont have the contract phone number anymore, what should i do now??
Message 10 of 68 (41,603 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi Donna93,

Please ask them to fill out the form anyway and in the meantime you can obtain a free PAYG SIM from our online shop.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 11 of 68 (41,509 Views)
Jdang

Hi there, I'm just wondering if there is a charge for this service?

Thanks

Message 12 of 68 (39,408 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Jdang and welcome to the eForum

Information on the pricing of Network unlock codes can be found here

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 13 of 68 (39,241 Views)
wagger

Hi,new to the forum but been with Vodafone for a while. I bought a Iphone 4 (2cnd) hand locked to vodafone which i am using a payg vodafone sim with. I would like to have it unlocked to all networks and founf unlocking page on vodafone website but the phone was a contract phone and i dont know who originally owned the phone (i presume contract is now up? Ive had the phone for about 7 months and before i bought it i did the usual checks to make sure phone was mot stolen,lost etc via a checkmend service . All came back good so i bought the phone but it seems i cant have it unlocked as form needs to be filled out by original contract owner.

Can anyone offer some advice on this matter? I went into local vodafone store but to be honest the woman serving me didnt have a clue !

Message 14 of 68 (37,591 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there wagger,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to learn you're having problems unlocking the handset.

I'm afraid we're not in a position to help and the advice you've been given is correct. The original owner of the device needs to make the unlock request.

Sorry,

Lee

Message 15 of 68 (37,347 Views)
spratman90

Hi, 

I recently got given an iphone 4 as a gift. It is locked to vodafone but i need it unlocked. I understand that the person who bought it has to unlock it. i dont have thier email, address or phone number.

is their anyway it can be unlocked?

Message 16 of 68 (35,233 Views)
kids

spratman90 wrote:

Hi, 

I recently got given an iphone 4 as a gift. It is locked to vodafone but i need it unlocked. I understand that the person who bought it has to unlock it. i dont have thier email, address or phone number.

is their anyway it can be unlocked?

Recent update to Vodafone unlocking policy as posted by a Mod is:

If the device was on a Pay Monthly agreement then the device can only be unlocked by the registered owner and this is free.

Now I have always been under the impression that this was the same for Pay As You Go, however as there is no requirement to register then this can be unlocked providing the required information on the form is provided and there is £20 credit for the payment on the Pay As You Go SIM.

The end user needs to have an active Vodafone SIM card and be in the UKto be able to unlock any handset.

Message 17 of 68 (35,227 Views)
tradesteady

You may get a iphone 4 gevey unlock sim card for the solution,
Message 18 of 68 (35,170 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi spratman90

kids is exactly correct. If it's a pay monthly device then only the pay monthly account holder is authorised to unlock the device. If it's a locked Pay As You Go device this can be unlocked by having an active PAYG account topped up with £20 to cover the unlocking cost.

You can find more information on Network Unlock Codes here - Unlock Vodafone phone

Thanks

Simon 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 19 of 68 (35,020 Views)
isitme

Hi
I am a complete novice when it comes to apple but need some guidance.
I have requested the previouse owner of a free upgrade iphone 4 to apply fo it to be unlocked. When the confirmation email arrives i believe you have to connect to itunes with a non vodafone sim. Is this by connection to a pc with itunes installed and do you have to create an account with itunes. If someone could give me a step by step guide it would be much appreciated.
thanks
Message 20 of 68 (34,027 Views)