You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

iphone unlocking

Hi guys i had bought an iphone 4 from a local shop it is locked to vodafone, is it possible to get it unlock from vodafone. 

thnx.

Message 1 of 12 (5,498 Views)

Re: iphone unlocking

no

Message 2 of 12 (5,420 Views)

So what should i do?????

plz help.

Message 3 of 12 (5,414 Views)

Hi,

I bought IPhone4 locked from store in Thailand. The model is  MC603B.

Can I use NUC to unlock it? How much do I have to pay for unlock it?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 12 (5,399 Views)
AnnS
Topics: 150
Solutions: 1,113

jarupol wrote:

Hi,

I bought IPhone4 locked from store in Thailand. The model is  MC603B.

Can I use NUC to unlock it? How much do I have to pay for unlock it?

Thanks.

Sorry, but Vodafone would be unable to help you with unlocking this iphone.  It will be locked to the Thai network and they will need to request the unlocking from Apple.

Ann

Message 5 of 12 (5,393 Views)

Thanks, Ann.

For further information.

I have friend in UK and he can send me the sim card from your store. Does it help me for the chance to unlock with NUC?

Message 6 of 12 (5,371 Views)
AnnS
Topics: 150
Solutions: 1,113

jarupol wrote:

Thanks, Ann.

For further information.

I have friend in UK and he can send me the sim card from your store. Does it help me for the chance to unlock with NUC?

If you are saying that you purchased an iphone locked to Vodafone UK in Thailand, even if your friend was able to send you a UK SIM card, unless you are the original owner of the phone, you would still be unable to get the phone unlocked.

The iphone has to be unlocked against the original and first owners account.

Ann

Message 7 of 12 (5,358 Views)

I see :smileyhappy: Thank you very much for the informations.

Message 8 of 12 (5,356 Views)

Dear all,

I'm in similar situation. I got a phone from local shop out of UK and I am unable to track the original owner.

While reading the forum I found this:

"If the phone is locked to Vodafone the policy on pre-owned phones is that the unlocking request aways has to originate from the person to who the phone was originally on contract with. This is really to ensure that the phone has not been stolen."

However, the phone's IMEI is not in CEIR/IMEI DB/CheckMEND so the phone is not marked lost, or stolen.

AFAIK, Apple is allowed to unlock your phones only based on your request.

And this is the only way to obtain official factory SIM unlock.

Could you please let the phone be unlocked in such case, for fee of course?

IMHO, it's better for you to have one time money for unlock, than no money and wasted phone outside of UK.

Message 9 of 12 (5,339 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As AnnS has mentioned, we can only unlock Vodafone UK iPhones on the request of the original owner. If this has been sold on in any way then you would need to get the original owner to contact us to request an unlock.

Even if the handset has not been blacklisted, we would not be able to do this for any other user.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 12 (5,310 Views)

Hi Vodafone team,

thank you very much for your answers so far.

If you really insist that the request must come from original owner, would you be so kind to get us in contact with him/her?

It would be very nice of you to send the email of current phone's owner to original owner(matching the IMEI) so he/she can confirm the SIM unlock.

Otherwise you support and force us to exploit the basebands in order to be able to use the phones with our current carriers.

We want to have official unlock, thus normal itunes upgrades.

BTW, there are numbers of sites, including ebay items which offer official VF UK unlocks without need to be the original owner. How comes? So it's possible only for chosen ones - dealers? However besides the double price, can they be trustworthy?

janaum

Message 11 of 12 (5,235 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

[ Edited ]

Hi janaum

Unfortunately if you are not the original owner we are unable to contact them on your behalf.

We certainly do not support you to exploit any method other than the correct procedure to unlock any device.

The risk you take when purchasing the services of someone to do this is in your hands, and cannot be deemed as trustworthy as you are then no longer able to get official updates and would invalidate any warranty that may be on the device.

We request the Network Unlock Codes from the manufacturer who log this on their database and this is why the unlock process for an iPhone is done through iTunes, otherwise you could run the risk of a very fancy paper weight.:smileywink:

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 12 of 12 (5,190 Views)
YouTube help

Unlocking phones (NUC)

Unlocking iPhones (NUC)

Vodafone Trade In