Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£100 on sure signal or change network

Doc
2: Seeker

Always been on Vodafone (over 10 years and probably nearer 15) but getting increasingly fed up with poor mobile signal in my house. Leaning out of windows, going into the garden etc but signal varies so much even with phone on speaker and in one position.

Struggling to justify spending £100 to try a sure signal when the problem is the patchy vodafone coverage both indoors and out. Neighbours on other networks seem to fare better so question is

Stick with Vodafone and swell their coffers by £100 to solve their poor coverage issue or

Switch networks when our contracts are up?

Can't decide and argument that Vodafone loe money on each sure signal is bunk - if it cost them that much they would sort out the network coverage.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Doc,

You can check here to see the future network coverage in your area.

The Sure Signal is a great way of getting a full 3G signal in your house.

All the information we have about it is here.

If you do decide to get one, we have several videos to guide you through the set up process.

You can see them here.

Cheers,

Andy

tczwoju
4: Newbie
Hi

I have bought one last year and it cost me only £25 if you are on contract.So why do they want 100? Go to your local Vodafone store and ask there.They will help and give an offer. I'm using two units at my home now . This is great device which other providers can't beat!

Good luck

Rods

Woj
Rgds

Woj

Doc
How did you get a v3 sure signal for £25?
On line and in store even when upgrading two contracts they told me they are not able to discount it as they lose money on every one.
Just struggling to get my head round paying when it's Vodafones fault the coverage is so poor. Get the impression Vodafone aren't really bothered about existing customers so probably time to vote with my feet and change network at next contact renewal. Will be time for the kids to have phones then so that is 4 contracts perhaps going elsewhere.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Doc, 

The information you've been given online and in store is correct.

We're unable to offer any discounts on Sure Signals.

Thanks, 

Kay

Doc
So what Vodafone are saying is that the profit on four contracts is not worth a discount on a sure signal? Really when it's just to plug holes in your network?