Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

1st one exploded new one doesn't work

iany
4: Newbie

last week (yes a whole week ago) sure signal went bang, very concerning, however vodafone did send out a new one for free.

new one has been plugged in for 2 and a half days(to a  vodafone router, ona  vodafone line on a vodafone fibre connection)

Internet connection is 32Mb down and 16Mb up, if i must i'll do a tracert (details below)but i dont expect that the route has changed since the last sure signal was plugged in and working before it exploded (like 100s of others have, but dont worry its not a common fault....)

tIt appears to have ried to conect  to a few things for a while when first powered on then shows zero outgoing conections in the NAT table after about 15 minutes.

red light on solid, frst white light strobing, other 2 off.

sure signal is on 192.168.1.11 IP internally. can someone take a look? i keep being told someones looking into this and will let me know, but have HEARD NOTHING.

IndexProtocolLocal IP:PortPseudo IP:PortPeer IP:Port
45UDP192.168.1.11:450090.255.113.83:450088.82.13.179:4500
49UDP192.168.1.11:50090.255.113.83:50088.82.13.179:500
338UDP192.168.1.11:450090.255.113.83:4500212.183.133.179:4500

MY IP 90.255.113.83

SS serial number 42164484869

traceroute

traceroute to 212.183.133.177 (212.183.133.177), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets

1  vodafone (192.168.1.1)  4.119 ms  2.503 ms  1.102 ms

2  host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com (212.158.250.32)  9.869 ms  9.712 ms  9.611 ms

3  63.130.104.194 (63.130.104.194)  15.379 ms  15.612 ms  15.661 ms

4  * * *

5  * * *

6  * * *

7  * * *

8  * * *

9  *

6 REPLIES 6

iany
4: Newbie

ANYONE?!?!!

just some form of communication or sign that something is being investigated, is known to be an issue or anything?!

no doubt live support will say "its being looked into" again.... i cant beleive how much of my time this is costing and how inconveneint it is, i accept things go wrong, but communication of some form might help!

SETI seem to have more luck getting answers!

You're not alone.  My original Sure Signal v1 failed.  They sent me a new v3 next day on the 18th Nov.  Registered it - no probs. However, it didn't connect to Vodafone.

I have been on the phone to them almost every day and I am told that all SS's from the 17th Nov onwards have a registration problem.  viz: it says it's registered but, in reality, it's not.

Hundreds of us are in the same boat and Vodafone cannot even give me an approximate date for a fix. "They're working on it, it will be fixed ASAP" is all I get. I was also told that they register around a 1000 SS's a day!

So, I've been waiting 10 days now. I badgered the guy today (Arron) on the SS team and he stated that it would be fixed within 24-48 hours. Call me synical, but I feel it was just a fob-off to get me off the line.

Don't waste your time talking to the person who answers, when you call, insist on being put through to the SS team. Although, they seem to know no more than us!!

How can a problem take so long to fix in 2016. I was told originally that they had been working on it since the 17th. Today, Arron told me that they have only been working on it for 4 days!!

I'll let you know if mine suddenly ressurects itself.

thanks for the tip off, makes sense, why cant this company communicate? no sign of a service notifcation or anything, i need to look at the contract and see if i can cencel it, i cant stand another 6 months of this till it renews to get out.

worrying they need so many SS boxes in a time where they claim they have such good coverage, its stopping me from being able to work at home without issues and we havent had a signal for a week, other than if you cling to the bedroom window at the front of the house or drive out to the edge of the village.

coverage map says "good" should say "good luck"

UPDATE - just checked coverage map and its a different story than a year or two back when i had to buy the SS, it used to say it was good in and out, now its "outdoors only" in our imediate area, this after a recent network ugrade to improve it? covering their backs it would appear!!

I have the same problem, and after much aggravation and  rubbish from Customer Services, the chap I spoke to  today will   apparently have to send details to manufacturer to register me manually, as Vodafone can't do it!    Any support staff around who can verify this??

seems to be mixed messages, one thread suggesting that thy have 100's of people with an issue but not really detailing what the issue or fix is , while ive had their customer care guys on email to me suggesting i try the trouble shooting guide.

sounds like they're not very joined up or at least if there's a blag at play they're not all in on it!!

pretty dissapointing for such a large company that they have a lack of coverage service compared to even some 3rd world countries, which is bolstered by sure signal boxes, which are exploding and then when replaced the SS service itself doesnt appear resilient either, you'd think going by the numbers now they'd be making a statement of some kind to try and save face/reputaiton. 

here's one thread i found with some answer from a  VF member of staff and a customer who seems to have had some info from the SS team....

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Problems-with-replacement-sure-signal-box-not-wo...

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

As mentioned in the thread @iany has linked to, our Technical team are aware of an issue that is affecting some new registrations.

They've found the route cause and are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

In the mean time, they've advised to keep your Vodafone Sure Signal devices plugged in. As soon as the fix is in place, the boxes will be registered. 

Apologies for the delay in getting this issue resolved.