Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2 Sure Signals V3 on Same Network

prozac1976
2: Seeker

Hi

I understand it is possible to use two Sure Signals on the same network because we do so at work. However, I live in a rural area with limited connection speeds and I would like to know if this would be possible for me. Here are my average internet connection speeds:

• Average Download speed: 2.48 Mb
  • Average Upload speed: 0.38 Mb
  • Average Latency: 56ms

If someone could let me know that would be great.

Thanks

Pete

5 REPLIES 5

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi prozac1976

Sure Signal is ideal if you live in rural areas. You need minimum 1Mbps fixed-line home broadband connection to get the most from it.

See here for more info :).

Thanks

Sukhi

Thanks for your reply Sukhi.

Maybe I didn't explain myself in enough detail. I already have one Sure Signal and I would like to know if is possible for me to use a second Sure Signal on the same network at the same time?

Thanks

Pete

Hi prozac1976,

I’m sorry about the confusion.

Yes, it’s possible to have more than one Sure Signal on the same internet connection, however you will need a very good broadband speed and bandwidth to make sure they will work.

Also, I need to make you aware that currently you can’t move from one Sure Signal to the other whilst you are making a call.

If you are on a call and go out of range of one Sure Signal, you will drop onto the normal network rather than being transferred to the other one.

James

prozac1976
Thanks for your reply. Referring back to my original post, do I have an adequate broadband speed / bandwidth to use two Sure Signals?

Pete

Hi there prozac1976,

That depends on what else you're using at the time of the Sure Signals.

If you've got two laptops, an iPad and 3 mobile phones connected to the router via WiFi, for example, they're all going to be competing for bandwidth.

This will significantly impair the ability to use more than one VSS.

Is there any possibility your ISP can increase your speed?

Cheers,

LeeH