Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2 Sure signals stopped working within days of each other

xentrix
4: Newbie

These (V1) units have been working great for years.... one stopped working early last week...the other stopped over the weekend. No changes have been made locally.

I have attempted to reset the units.... they both have one light lit at the moment.

Ive attached a tracert

22 REPLIES 22

Both sure signals are on a corporate LAN... but both have been working fine.

Our network guys say that nothing has changed on the firewall so both boxes should still be connecting.

I've just plugged 21224657995 into a broadband link that bypasses our firewall.... so if this is connecting at your end (it hadnt connected since 20th of November)... then at least we can go back to our firewall guys.

Is there a recent document for the ports that are required to be open for a V1 suresignal.... I have found a pdf that I passed onto the guys, but I wasnt sure if it was upto date!

Thanks for your help!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

Thanks for the update. I've checked 21224657995 and it's still showing the 20th. Was the service still unavailable even on the alternative connection? If so then for this unit at least it could be down to a fault which would require a repair.

I'm a little sceptical that both would acquire a hardware fault at the same time though so this could be a firmware related issue. If I was to push a firmware update to the 21224657995 unit, would you be able to keep it plugged in to the alternative connection for 2-3 days to allow time for the request to go through and complete?

I only ask as if you disconnect it while the update is going through it can irreparably 'brick' the Sure Signal. Sending the firmware to the unit remotely can also help you to avoid it being sent in to the repair centre. If a warranty repair is more convenient for you though, you can find further instructions on how to arrange on here. :Smiling:

Let me know and we'll get the ball rolling. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

I did a factory reset on 21224657995 last night at approx 17:15.... came into work today and it was still sat with just the one light lit.

I can leave it plugged into the broadband link if you want to go ahead with resending the firmware.

It wont be touched/turned off ....and we can at least see if that helps.

Cheers

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

I’ve requested that the latest firmware be pushed out to both your Sure Signals.

The process can take up to 24 hours so during this time, don’t unplug or reset them.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Ok... this is what has happened so far...

Sure signal  21225097472 (On our corporate LAN) has power light lit...but doesnt appear to be doing anything!

Sure signal 21224657995 (On a Broadband Connection) has a flashing power light.... it has been like this now for over 24hours.

Is there a connection at your end yet?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix,

I'm afraid there's been no connection from either on our servers and it's showing the 15th and 20th respectively.

If your IT team are unable to pinpoint what's blocking the connection, I'd recommend sending the units in for a warranty repair.

Cheers, Ben

Ok.... in an attempt to find out if this is the old version 1 sure signals or some issue here... I've now registered a 3rd sure signal... this is one of the new plug in type (version 3).... the serial number is  40131973824 ive registered it and plugged it into the broadband here.... can you check to see if this is appearing on your system.

Cheers

This is going from bad to worse..... I registered the new sure signal.... but now when I login to my vodafone account the new sure signal doesnt appear under the manage my sure signal screen.

Now I cant deregister it to move it to a different location!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xentrix

I can see the Sure Signal with serial number 40131973824 has been deregistered.

Do you know if you're network administrator has made any changes to prevent the original ones from working?

Cheers

DaveCD

This is what we are trying to establish.... the network guys here say they havent made any changes but the two original v1 sure signals stopped working within days of each other.

Someone had a V3 sure signal they were no longer using at home.... so we deregistered this yesterday.... and reregistered it at our current location.

My account was used to reregister the V3 unit..... but I didnt get an email or any confirmation it had been registered.... if I log into the website it doesnt appear there.

Is it appearing as deregistered still?  (SN 40131973824)