Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2nd Hand Sure Signal

Robhousing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have bought a 2nd hand unit off ebay.  It was not de-registered and the seller has not been at all helpful in resolving this.  I have read the many posts and so all I want to know is basically should I just throw it in the bin and forget it.  I have asked the seller repeatedly to deregister this without any success.

Serial No 21227749021.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

As the SureSignal was associated against someone elses account, only they can deregister the device as they have to pass various Data Protection questions in order for their account to be accessed.

As you bought it off eBay, if there was no mention of the device not having been deregistered, you could set up a dispute - particularly if they aren't playing nice.  That could be one way of getting your money back.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

As the SureSignal was associated against someone elses account, only they can deregister the device as they have to pass various Data Protection questions in order for their account to be accessed.

As you bought it off eBay, if there was no mention of the device not having been deregistered, you could set up a dispute - particularly if they aren't playing nice.  That could be one way of getting your money back.

PWIAC

Thats what I am having to do I think.  The seeler has until 5 today to repsond to me before I lodge a claim.  It just appears they have gone up so much in price and I just cant afford the £100 for a new one and I cant use my phone a home.

Thanks